Holy crap - dead 30 gig 'pod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I can't believe it - this baby is less than a week old and the thing seems to have gone down on me today. It was working fine earlier today and has been sitting on the charger in the office, but when I tried to start it up on the way home - nothin. I've just plugged it into my iMac and the sucker's sitting there belly up doing nothing.... Ouchhhh!

I *have* been doing some heavy playing around with this thing over the last few days - a couple of partitions that didn't work out (see my post on OS X woes), a couple of reformats and subsequent system restores, but heck, mac hardware (usually) thrives on this kind of treatment....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Have you tried the reset command? I don't know if it still is the same one as for the old ipods, but it's something with holding menu and play buttons together for a couple of seconds. Look in your documentation, I have been shocked to find my iPod unresponsive twice, and I have always been able to fix it with a simple reset.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kaemankaeman Posts: 9member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Have you tried the reset command? I don't know if it still is the same one as for the old ipods, but it's something with holding menu and play buttons together for a couple of seconds. Look in your documentation, I have been shocked to find my iPod unresponsive twice, and I have always been able to fix it with a simple reset.

Der Kopf - my man!!

I had read briefly about the reset, but my docs are at work and that was the only combination I didn't try.

Many thanks... I thought I'd fried that little sucker
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kaemankaeman Posts: 9member
    Any idea why it goes down like that, btw?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by kaeman

Any idea why it goes down like that, btw?

I call it CES. Creepy Evil Syndrome. ::shrugs::