Accountancy software: some advice...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
well, my own business has been going for 5 months now and already my atempts to manage my accounts using excel have left me with a mess of paper work!

so i need a simple to use account software package. small business (its just me), simple to use, UK-localised.

on one hand my accountant uses Sage, so as I have virtual PC should i get a copy for that? or should i just go for MYOB??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Is QuickBooks not UK localised? I use QB to manage my business...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M3D Jack

Is QuickBooks not UK localised? I use QB to manage my business...

its PC only in the UK...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    MYOB was the program of choice for Canadian Mac Users for a long time.

Then for some inexplicable reason, the company bailed out of Canada and sold us over to Intuit Canada. IC is now selling a re-badged version of MYOB as Quickbooks Accounts.

The strange thing is that it couldn't have cost that much to modify the US version for Canadian companies, basically different taxes are the only major changes I know of.

I would hesitate to advise anyone to go with MYOB, only because when such a company has to bow out of one of the world's ten largest economies (and one half full of lawyers and accountants!) - it can't be a good sign.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    you see, this is my problem!

my accountant uses sage, but he used to deal with a few mac users and knows MYOB. well, he remembers enough to be able to deal with it (and then feed it into sage i guess).

but MYOB in the UK seems to be lagging behind the US version. There is no QB for mac UK version.

So maybe it might have to be Sage running on virtual PC...

gawd help me!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    a good friend of mine owns a cheap PC running sage for his business. That's all the PC does. I'd actually recommend going that route.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    Othello take a look at Hansa solutions
  • Reply 7 of 10
    And , MyBooks .
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cheers alpha mac
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

cheers alpha mac

no prob
  • Reply 10 of 10
    anyone tried iBank combined with iWork? looks interesting (and very simple)