Quake 3 Arena, Quake 3 Team Arena

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi, I just ordered Quake 3 Arena and it comes with Quake 3 Team Arena, whats the difference? has anyone else played it ? how is it?

Thanks

logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Team Arena is an official add-on pack. As you might have guessed, it's like Quake 3 but you play as part of a team. Games types include 2 flag capture the flag, one flag CTF, harvester (where you bring skulls back to your base for points) and another type that I have forgotten (probably plain team deathmatch).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quake 3 TA has more multi-team options like Capture the flag, King of the mountain, Harvester, and so on. You don't score points by simply killing other players. There are also roles/powerups in your group like Guard (Regenerate health and extra shield) Ammo-Regen. (replenish your ammo and fire faster) and another.

EDIT: Well la-de-da Stoo. Guess we were typing the same thing at the same time.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Which version is more popular? Do you guys own either version? Which do you like better?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I play Quake 3 more often because I find team games with computer controlled opponents a bit irritating as they tend to be skilled but regularly as thick as two short planks. A bit like Counterstrike. or Team Fortress...

Does anyone know if Quake 3 Fortress is any good?