Could those rumors about new iPod docks be true?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

This is madness!

No, this is AppleInsider. Set phaser to, 'Stupid'.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    I was jsut asking if Apple might intoduce docks with wireless remote since i hate cables. I wasn`t talking about using iPod as a trojan horse for running OSX!!!
  • Reply 43 of 46
    It's all your fault! 8) Just when I was getting the guts to go and buy an iPod for my wife now you have planted the seeds of doubt about another upgrade. Now I'll have to wait 6 months which will turn into a year which will lead to new iPods. ::sigh::
  • Reply 44 of 46
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    go ahead and buy...iPods will likely ship with the current dock for some time to come..if there is a new more advanced dock, it will probably be an accessory item that you purchase separately and will work with all of these new slim iPods...

g
  • Reply 45 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It took some doing, but Apple finally got the ports right. USB2 and FW400 are going to be with us for a long time to come, they may even speed up, but newer versions will be backwards compatible, so no worries. I don't see the physical form of the iPod itself changing much at all anymore.

Someone will make an accessory base that lets you dock the iPod into your stereo. Apple may even do it, but it won't be part of any changes to the iPod itself.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    I nominate COS for the "Persistence in the face of Knowledge and Logic" award.