Ftp Program for free

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I did a search and found nothing for FTP Programs. Does anyone recommend a free program. I refuse to pay for ftp and everyone I have seen so far seems to expire after 30 days or something crappy like that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I just did a quick search at MacUpdate.com and found a few.

LifTP looks good. I just downloaded it. It's free. It has a nice interface. Feature set looks pretty good.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    madmax559madmax559 Posts: 596member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jpp1cd

I did a search and found nothing for FTP Programs. Does anyone recommend a free program. I refuse to pay for ftp and everyone I have seen so far seems to expire after 30 days or something crappy like that.

http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/
  • Reply 3 of 6
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Check out Fugu and RBrowserLite.

LifTP looks interesting too. Haven't tried that one yet.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    I've tried RBrowserLite several times now. While is may have some good features, the user interface leaves a LOT to be desired. It looks and acts like a bad algamation of Mac OS X and NeXTSTEP and Windows.

Ugh.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ericj551ericj551 Posts: 89member
    If you are a student, you can get a free liscense for Fetch, which I highly recommend...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bryan.furybryan.fury Posts: 164member
    i had a problem with golive a couple weeks ago, where it kept telling me it couldn't update a file. i then searched around and downloaded liftp and have been very happy with it!

of course, i just need it upload flash files ...