how do you set up your workspace?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey I just got some desks, from target, and all their little desks that come with it, the mission series? it looks like this anyways how does everyone layout their stuff. I was wondering, looking for interesting ideas, I do a lot of work at home so, but I just am always un comfortable or I lose interest fast... looking into new concepts. I have a pc too and I'm putting it on this little side desk thats basically that writing desk cut in half.

anyways how do you all set up your workspaces at home, and what do you do to keep the candle burning at night, or to lose interest? this is reallly becoming a problem for me heh.

Craig

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Check me out here:

My Homepage

Good Luck!

Fellows
  • Reply 2 of 13
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    all that awesome furniture and everything? and yet you don't have a powerbook? jk I'm in the exact opposite situation. My whole take on this thread is, how the heck do you people stay involved in your work, when you've been laboring on stuff for weeks and weeks, 10-12 hours a day, and does any of it have to do with the area that you work in?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

all that awesome furniture and everything? and yet you don't have a powerbook? jk I'm in the exact opposite situation. My whole take on this thread is, how the heck do you people stay involved in your work, when you've been laboring on stuff for weeks and weeks, 10-12 hours a day, and does any of it have to do with the area that you work in?

I'm a home builder and I quite enjoy it.

So many creative options. So many different people to interact with. I am very happy with my field of work.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    This isn't the coolest setup. . . but it does have all that Red Bull up there

, collecting radiation to make it extra strong.

• Reply 5 of 13
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Just took a snap (can see whats on my screen). Tables all the way! My dorm table is quite a bit bigger, grr... (at home now)

• Reply 6 of 13
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i think anyone who saw my workspace would pass out. it's a bit chaotic.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Damn tube amps. D-Amps, baby.

What speakers are those? I'm thinking about getting some m-audio studiophiles.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    At the moment like this:

Feet on the sofa, duvet over me legs, tea in cup and visit venus in my ears.

Sorry for the bad photo
  • Reply 9 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    That should be the image on the front page of the Safeware website.

• Reply 10 of 13
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i think the most important part of a person's workspace, and sadly it is often overlooked, is marking the territory. i make sure to piss all over my desk, keyboard and mouse to make sure anyone who comes near knows just who is in charge (it's me).
  • Reply 11 of 13
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Damn tube amps. D-Amps, baby.

What speakers are those? I'm thinking about getting some m-audio studiophiles.

Those are Ascend Acoustics CBM-170s, which sound great and also get good reviews. They do benefit greatly from a subwoofer (The big black thing on the right). The studiophiles look more like monitoring speakers than listening speakers, but still probably sound great given their quality of soundcards (I use an audiophile 2496 with an external D/A convertor).

The tube amp is an MG Head DT headphone amp and I use it as a preamp to my solid state speaker amp (audiosource amp two).
  • Reply 12 of 13
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    You should put that stuff in your dorm
  • Reply 13 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    There's already a "perpetual" 9-page thread on just this subject in General Discussion.

Pic of Computer Setup - 2003

Let's continue there. Thanks.