Rubber pads on bottom of 17 PB

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
One of the rubber pads on the bottom of my 17 PB is almost coming off after i kinda slid it on the desk too hard, its still on a lot but it will come off if not taken care of, any ideas on what glue to use or how to get it to go back on?

Thanks

Logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i know i read in a similar thread NOT superglue.

check the search function, someone else has this subject pretty much nailed.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

One of the rubber pads on the bottom of my 17 PB is almost coming off after i kinda slid it on the desk too hard, its still on a lot but it will come off if not taken care of, any ideas on what glue to use or how to get it to go back on?

Thanks

Logan

hmm couldnt find it
  • Reply 3 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i think the thread alcimedes is referring to is about the rubber nubs that protect the screen, not the ones at the bottom of the computer...

as for your problem.... I think it may be covered under warranty... I'm just about to head out to the apple store to get my computer back, i'll see if it is covered...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    great thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    The best adhesive I've used is 3M Weather Strip Adhesive. It comes in a red and white tube (sometimes inside a box), and is commonly used for securing engine gaskets. You can find it in most hardware and auto parts stores. Just in case it's not covered under warranty...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

great thanks!

well, because I was so happy about my computer being fixed I completely forgot to ask... but even if it isn't covered I KNOW they can fix it in the store while you wait. So at the very most it would be like $5 or $10 but I highly doubt that they would make you pay.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    123123 Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

well, because I was so happy about my computer being fixed I completely forgot to ask... but even if it isn't covered I KNOW they can fix it in the store while you wait. So at the very most it would be like $5 or $10 but I highly doubt that they would make you pay.

Here in Switzerland, it's not covered and costs around $60 (80 CHF), which sounds very much like Apple.