Good...But Disburbing Movies

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just watched a movie that wasn't bad, but very disturbing. "Bully" from the same director as "Kids" is a movie about these kids who plot and kill their 'friend' who is well, a bully.

It's based on a true story and is pretty good i think, but there is ALOT of nudity...its at the point that it is kinda unecessary.

What other movies do you know of that arn't bad but make you be like, wow i can't belive i just saw that

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    Here's one that upsets almost all who watch it, 'The Last Temptation of Christ'. I have only seen the ending, but I thought about how it portrayed the human side of Christ.

I could also include any movie from Troma.
  • Reply 2 of 50
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    "Rules of engagement"

"Bad guy"
  • Reply 3 of 50
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    The only movie I have ever watched that truly disturbed me.

se7en.

Nick
  • Reply 4 of 50
    irreversible

http://www.marsfilms.com/site/irreversible/ba.htm#

Well worth the effort if you like film but makes for some uncomfortable watching on several levels.

edit: some more info

the english site

http://www.irreversiblethemovie.com/

also Roger Ebert's review (warning spoilers)

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert...ersible14.html

first line of the review: "Irreversible" is a movie so violent and cruel that most people will find it unwatchable.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

irreversible

http://www.marsfilms.com/site/irreversible/ba.htm#

Well worth the effort if you like film but makes for some uncomfortable watching on several levels.

would there happen to be an english version?
  • Reply 6 of 50
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I just watched a movie that wasn't bad, but very disturbing. "Bully" from the same director as "Kids" is a movie about these kids who plot and kill their 'friend' who is well, a bully.

It's based on a true story and is pretty good i think, but there is ALOT of nudity...its at the point that it is kinda unecessary.

What other movies do you know of that arn't bad but make you be like, wow i can't belive i just saw that

kids is a good one.. i'll have to take a look at bully...

requiem is also good, as is Fight Club...
  • Reply 7 of 50
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    If you 'liked' KIDS, go out and buy GUMMO. It's directed by Harmony Korine, the same guy who wrote KIDS. Life in small town Ohio. Very disturbing.

One of the 'best' films you could see is EVEN DWARFS STARTED SMALL but German director Werner Herzog. One of the best not pleasant films ever made. Wee people killing animals. That's only part of it. Damn hard to take.

I also recommend CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD (also known as GATES OF HELL) by an Italian director Lucio Fulci. It's just a horror film but there are some scenes that are so gruesome that you'll pretty much believe that the actors are dead. This is more fun than disturbing, but some scenes are definitely disturbing.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I watched the original last night: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
  • Reply 9 of 50
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Disturbing Movies.

8mm-

Gangs of NY(Hyper violence)

Battle Royale(Japanese Slaughter fest)
  • Reply 10 of 50
    Eraserhead

and the chainsaw scene in scarface.
  • Reply 11 of 50
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    "Meet the Feebles" and "Brain Dead", both Peter Jackson flicks way before LOTR. Meet the Feeble is muppets on crack, omg this movie is insane. Brain Dead really isn't good but how can you beat a line like this:

Quote:

I kick ass for the Lord!!!

by kung fu fighting Anglican Priest
  • Reply 12 of 50
    Delicatessan
  • Reply 13 of 50
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

"Meet the Feebles" and "Brain Dead", both Peter Jackson flicks way before LOTR. Meet the Feeble is muppets on crack, omg this movie is insane. Brain Dead really isn't good but how can you beat a line like this:

by kung fu fighting Anglican Priest

BTW, it was released in the US as "Dead Alive".

Siskel & Ebert said it was 'the goriest film ever made'... and that they couldn't stop *laughing*. Two thumbs up.

Go get the unrated version, and laugh yer ass off. It's the only time you'll want to take bundle of reanimated internal organs home and cuddle with it... it's so *CUTE*!

Meet the Feebles is just *so* sick it's wonderful.

"MMmmmmm, Harrrrrrry..... carrrrrrrrrrotsssssssss....."
  • Reply 14 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    can't believe there's been this many posts and no one's mentioned the #1 of all time, IMO.

Deliverance
  • Reply 15 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

can't believe there's been this many posts and no one's mentioned the #1 of all time, IMO.

Deliverance

oh yeah, oh yeah....not only the squeal like a pig bit, but burt's femur through the pants made me test the limits of the back of the couch.

god i haven't seen that in ages....
  • Reply 16 of 50
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    What about Kubrick's version of Anthony Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange"?

I also thought "Dr. Strangelove" was disturbing, if only as a reminder of how close we really came to turning the entire planet into a radioactive charcoal briquette.
  • Reply 17 of 50
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Requiem for a Dream. My RFAD thread comes back to life once every 2 months or so.

Barto
  • Reply 18 of 50
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Brazil

Dark City

Burnt By The Sun
  • Reply 19 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ok, just for the record i've seen the vast majority of the movies that people are listing as "good but disturbing".

i just need to know, have you ever seen Deliverance? just wondering if i'm the only one who it bothered that much, or if a lot of the younger crowd here has just never seen it.

'cause i'm sorry, but it puts every other movie listed here to shame.
  • Reply 20 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

ok, just for the record i've seen the vast majority of the movies that people are listing as "good but disturbing".

i just need to know, have you ever seen Deliverance? just wondering if i'm the only one who it bothered that much, or if a lot of the younger crowd here has just never seen it.

'cause i'm sorry, but it puts every other movie listed here to shame.

i was wondering how disturbing some of these movies were...haha speciallyn when i saw fight club listed

Bully was disturbing because it was based upon a real story and was 'disturbing' because of how messed up those kids were...it was realistic i think and made me think twice before i say something verbally abusive, even in a joking manner to my friends