iTunes to stereo/headphones wirelessly

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I wish Apple would create a device that would wirelessly connect my computer to my stereo and/or to headphones, so I could listen to iTunes throughout the house.

I listen to internet radio a lot through iTunes, and would like have it piped elsewhere at home. Is it feasible? Is there already a device that does this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
  • Reply 2 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Eh? RF headphones exist. RF tranceivers exist.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    g3joelg3joel Posts: 29member
    Bluetooth headphones for music and headsets for phones already exist, so I'd say yes, one day it will happen.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member

Quote:

Belkin TuneCast FM Transmitter for iPod

$29.95

Now you can use your iPod to listen to your favorite music through any FM stereo receiver. The Belkin Tunecast Mobile FM Transmitter wirelessly connects your iPod to your car or home stereo quickly and easily. Just plug in the FM Transmitter into the headphone jack of your iPod and tune your car stereo or receiver to clearest FM frequency and enjoy your digital music with full sound and convenience.

Specifications:

Compact Cable Management

Ultralight for portability

High Clarity, Full Stereo sound

Power Light and LED indicator

Two AAA batteries included

3-Year Product Warranty

Would this do?

It's in the Apple store.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    bsharpbsharp Posts: 64member
    Brad:

That looks cool. I want to transmit music from my PowerMac directly to my stereo. I don't want to have to go through an iPod. Remember, I want to send internet radiio signals through iTunes to my stereo.

Eugene:

Do you know of any devices that can accomplish this task for the Mac? Let me know - I'll buy.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    herbherb Posts: 7member
    I think you already have the solution.

The Belkin product above, like the iRock and other FM transmitters, only require a stereo mini out. The headphone out on the ipod is the same size as the headphone out on the PowerBook, iBook and the Towers.

So almost any FM transmitter, with the exception of the iTrip, should work.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    An iBook with an airport card. Thats what I do
  • Reply 8 of 11
    bsharpbsharp Posts: 64member
    Herb:

Good advice. I'll try that.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    aureamauream Posts: 30member
    There's already at least a half-dozen devices that will stream music in MP3 and and Windows Media (possibly AIFF also, unfortunately not AAC yet) wirelessly over 802.11b. Start at around $99. I'm too lazy to find links to any.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    latestwhispers....
  • Reply 11 of 11
    macaddict16macaddict16 Posts: 194member
    The iRocks only transmit 5-10 feet at most. You need a RF (900 mhz or 2.4 ghz) connector. Has a receiver near your stereo and connects with RCA plugs, and the transmitter hooks up to your computer with a mini jack plug. I cant remember who makes the one I saw but I know that there are more than one model out there.

Macaddict16