For Sale: 600 iBook 30 256 CDROM 16MB Radeon Airport

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Actually, I just want to get a fair price... is $800 too much?

I got a quote on the stock 600 base (20, 128, no airport) for $600 from a used mac place... what would be fair market value?

its less then a year old so you can still buy applecare...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This is 'close' the the right price.

Remember, although what you paid for it may be one thing you can get a brand new iBook for $999.

It would have:

800MHz PowerPC G3

128MB SDRAM memory

30GB

ATI Mobility Radeon 7500

CD-ROM

So the issue is besting the fact that on a new one you get the Warrantee etc. You may need to fresh load the OS on it or order a Ram upgrade before selling. In any case, iBooks sell well and sell fast on eBay. I would say this is the way to go.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    600 or 800?

im looking to sell to a friend... while ebay would be nice, and I'm sure profitable... I don,t think I will be going that way with it...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

600 or 800?

im looking to sell to a friend... while ebay would be nice, and I'm sure profitable... I don,t think I will be going that way with it...

for a friend?? split the difference...make it 700...

or make a scale

if not a good friend...800

fairly good friend....750

very good friend...700

friend you would like to sleep with someday...600

g
  • Reply 5 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    so from all the emails back and forth from your "friend" at VT i would take a look at my sliding scale above and go with the 600 figure

g
  • Reply 6 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

so from all the emails back and forth from your "friend" at VT i would take a look at my sliding scale above and go with the 600 figure

g

she goes to bc, just happened to be in VT with her family when it first happened...

heh... we will see... I'm not even sure if my sister wants to sell it (and the final price decision would be left up to her...)

oh and we are just friends...