Macnet Destroyed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.macnet2.com

Quote:

MacNETv2 has been hacked. All the SQL databases have been destoryed. We are currently working on revamping our security system and uploading our backup files. Please bear with us as we reassemble that which was destoryed.

The Management

Moral of the story is. Don't piss people off.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22

The site looks fine to me.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm sure they're calling Apple to replace their systems right now...
  • Reply 3 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member

Damn I just got that message before I posted. Well I guess I was wrong.

emmmmm mods please delete.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    just trying to get more hits probably

g
  • Reply 5 of 22
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Are they going to blame Apple?
  • Reply 6 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I've been banned. Guess I wasn't drinking enough koolaid.

• Reply 7 of 22
    banned? I just went to their site and it seems to be up...
  • Reply 8 of 22
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Wierd.

If it was a publicity stunt, it wasn't up anywhere near long enough.

*shrug*

Does it take anyone else a few long seconds to spot the actual front page content on that site? Yeesh.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    That site is over.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    My god is this guy a fool.

Look Here.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    He's even talking about his penis size in this one...

"2.1" and shrinking"

Oh wait, I guess that's Apple's Market Share. Percent, not inches.

• Reply 12 of 22
    He's suppose to drink the kool-aid not snort it. Silly rabbit.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

My god is this guy a fool.

Look Here.

Care to provide a synopsis? I couldn't stand to read that article. On second thought, nevermind.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    Don't forget to try their next wonderful article. Always entertaining to watch the birth of a Winlot.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    Like him or hate him, I personally think that it's healthy to have at least one person like him rocking the boat every now and then. But that said, If there's someone who I'd like to have verbally raking Apple and Steve Jobs over a bed of hot coals, it'd be someone like Matsu.

BTW, are businesses really "laughing off the Xserve"? And I'm curious as to who are these "people in the know", who are doubting IBM's claims about the performance of the 970 (which, from what I've heard here on these boards, were "conservative estimates").
  • Reply 16 of 22
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I prefer the "rocking the boat" crowd to have some sense in their head. Having said that, we shouldn't even pay attention to this stuff.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    I tend to believe John, I have seen a number of machines get trashed by Apple over the years.

In a number of cases customers brought machines into the shop unaware of the fact Apple depot service is required and they have been returned from Apple seriously damaged.

And I personally have a very hard time believing that the owners decided the trash their machine between the time I saw it myself and them sending it to Apple.

There doesn't seem to be any accountability in Apple service, I suppose the mantra is it's easier to trash something and claim it came into the shop damaged than it is to fix it properly.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stagflation Steve

I tend to believe John, I have seen a number of machines get trashed by Apple over the years.

In a number of cases customers brought machines into the shop unaware of the fact Apple depot service is required and they have been returned from Apple seriously damaged.

And I personally have a very hard time believing that the owners decided the trash their machine between the time I saw it myself and them sending it to Apple.

There doesn't seem to be any accountability in Apple service, I suppose the mantra is it's easier to trash something and claim it came into the shop damaged than it is to fix it properly.

read the other thread here at AI about John and you'll see why he is a jackass
  • Reply 19 of 22
    rampancyrampancy Posts: 363member
    I've followed some of the links posted on the other thread concerning Manzione and I've really got to say that this guy and MacNet top even Ryan Meader and MOSR in my personal list of incredulous Mac sites/personalities. I think what really clinched it for me was one of the threads where Manzione's own teenage daughter posted.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Hahahaha!!! Man with children (especially teenage girls) should not encite the ire of frenzied netizens. I feel an is she hot/legal thread comming on!