30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Today only...15 May 03

I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd throw it out for anyone looking for a new ipod...

If you order one from Dell today (15 May) you get a massive discount. I just ordered a 30 GB for $404.

Works like this: Order from the home store, there's an automatic %10 off and free shipping. Use this coupon # D048D84F4953 when you check out...it's for $45 off a $400 or more purchase. Apparently the coupon expires today, so if you were looking at the 15 or 30 GB, it seems like a pretty good deal!

[edit: apparently i don't know how to spell "coupon"]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 85
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    coupon won't work on the 15 gig model, but is a great deal if you want the 30 gig (404.10 shipped...has a ship time of 1 to 2 weeks...but that is fine with me...have it all set to go in a shopping cart at dell....waiting for a moment of weakness to hit buy now....)

thanks for the pick up and making me spend money...

g

ps...my wife will want to kick your butt...
  • Reply 2 of 85
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    Yeah, I noticed it wouldn't work for the 15,what I meant was that it was a good deal if you were looking to buy the 15 GB because you could get the 30 for the same price.

My wife's gonna kill me too?I bought a canon s50 last week from dell because I got something like $100 bucks off on that too?fortunately, she's due (it's a boy) in a month so I can say the camera is for that?not sure how I'm going to explain this one?the baby needs an ipod? My birthday is coming up, maybe I can pass it off as an early b-day gift.

Anyway, enjoy the new ipod, I'm off to finish ripping my 600 CDs before it shows up!
  • Reply 3 of 85
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    To get the discounted 15gb one, you need a $1 item to push you over the requirements. I recommend searching for blank cd disks to add to your order.
  • Reply 4 of 85
    ok, so i am gonna order the 15 gig iPod at dell and i added some cd-rw disks (a ten pack of TDK for 7 bucks)...my total shipped is 320....not a bad deal...86 bucks off

finally will be an iPod owner and not just an iPod luster

still feels icky to order from dell, but hopefully they are selling them at a loss

g
  • Reply 5 of 85
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    heh, I just cancelled my Apple Store order for the 15 gig and put in my order through Dell for the 30 gig. It was just too tempting to double the capacity for $35. My Apple store order was $369 (ed discount) and the Dell order was $404.10. It would be an even better discount for someone who wouldn't have gotten the ed discount through Apple.

Thanks for the heads up Colby!

thegelding - me and you man! But I have a feeling they're pretty backordered on these, and the wait will probably be a bit longer coming from Dell rather than straight from Apple. My guess is early June.
  • Reply 6 of 85
    30gb iPod is placed in my cart with coupon applied...

Any chance that we might see a better deal soon? (like 20% off plus a coupon...)
  • Reply 7 of 85
    yeah, it is tempting to throw the extra 84 bucks and get the 30 gig...but if i ever need 30 gigs of songs at my mobile fingertips, somebody just shoot me in the head because i will have lost my mind...and i have a lacie 80 gig firewire external drive if i really need to move a huge amount of data...so i think i will be safe with a 15 gig model...lots of tunes, my contacts and iCal and even a few files if needed...

g

gonna hit the buy button in ten minutes...anyone want to convince me to get the 30 gig model??

too late...ordered the 15 gig model...weeeeee, sometime in june i will be an iPod owner...and probably hiding a ups or fedex box from the wife...
  • Reply 8 of 85
    dygysydygysy Posts: 182member
    Thanks for the heads up Colby.

I knew about the 10% discount but not about the coupon, didn't even see it on techbargains.com Where did see the coupon

Anyway I just ordered a 15 gigger for my sister, she's wanted one since she played with my ipod and the extra $45 discount made getting her one an easy decision.

Shw will be thrilled (and shocked)!
  • Reply 9 of 85
    That deal was just too hot, I ordered the 30GB. This will be my very first ipod, and man... I am so looking forward to it.
  • Reply 10 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I originally ordered an iPod on the 2nd of May from Dell (the day of the other good deal). However, they said the coupon expired (even though other people got it to work) and they promised me free shipping. Well, I looked in there and they added shipping. Plus, come May 9th, the day it was supposed to ship, it was delayed to the 20th! I was very pissed. So, I am in the process of canceling my order and making a new order with this discount. It should ship much later than my other one is supposed to. Stupid Dell. I don't think I will buy anything from them again. They also gave me the damnest time when I was trying to return my broken monitor.
  • Reply 11 of 85
    this is what i see as for delivery:

Date of Purchase:05/15/2003

Estimated Ship Date:on or before05/30/2003

i won't be holding my breath...if i get it before WWDC i will still be happy, if i actually see it in may i will jump for joy....hopefully joy won't mind when i jump her....

g
  • Reply 12 of 85
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm sort of regretting not taking advantage of this. I just paid off a huge debt, and I'm feeling like splurging on myself... \ Oh well.
  • Reply 13 of 85
    holy bat guano batman!!!! Ordered my iPod on the 15th from dell and now i see this....

Shipped 5/16/2003

Sku: A0114473

Quantity: 1

Description:

__IPOD MP3 PLAYER 15GB

weeeeeeeee...even have a tracking number from UPS--my iPod is in Memphis (probably visiting Elvis' Home) and should hit NM on May 21st...

edit: opps, cd-rw is in memphis...iPod is in Fort Worth, Texas and should be here even sooner...they say the 20th!!

Scheduled Delivery: May 20, 2003

Shipped to: NM, US

Shipped or Billed on: May 16, 2003

soon to be a happy iPod owner at a very nice price

g
  • Reply 14 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Where do you guys get all those coupons? I was planning to get an iPod while still in the states, and reading this thread, it certainly seems like Dell would be a good place to buy...
  • Reply 15 of 85
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RazzFazz

Where do you guys get all those coupons? I was planning to get an iPod while still in the states, and reading this thread, it certainly seems like Dell would be a good place to buy...

I just Google for 'dell coupons'...they seem to show up on random days, so you need a little bit of luck too.

Just found this one...ends today.

91088152AF61

$40 off a $350 purchase

+ %10 off

+ free shipping

= pretty good deal

• Reply 16 of 85
    yep...you can get a 15 gig iPod shipped to your home for $319.10....sweet deal...i suggest you jump on it...

g
  • Reply 17 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

yep...you can get a 15 gig iPod shipped to your home for $319.10....sweet deal...i suggest you jump on it...

Just placed my order. Thanks for the info, guys.
  • Reply 18 of 85
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    PS: SlickDeals.net also carries news/updates of these and other coupons.
  • Reply 19 of 85
    mfronemfrone Posts: 4member
    I got a 15GB one from dell with those coupons as well today. I'm so excited, I hope I can get it by the first week of June.
  • Reply 20 of 85
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I wanted to be a good boy and buy it from the local apple reseller, but that deal's just to good!

And now the wait.......

I may just soil myslef.