Audio Balance

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've noticed that at least once a week the audio balance on my 12" Powerbook gets shifted a bit to the left, and I have to go into my System Preferences and re-center it. This may also be happening on my G4 tower, but I don't keep track of it because I don't use the built in audio controller on that machine. I'm not entirely sure whether this started happening before or after I upgraded to OS 10.2.6. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Virtual PC screws up the balance sometimes. I think there's another app that does this occasionally too, but I can't remember which.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    paulppaulp Posts: 67member
    Yeah, I've had this too.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    My Beige G3 seems to have the same problem. I often notice this happens when I disconnect the audio cord or something.... It has been happening pretty much ever since I got it about 4-5 months ago.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    influenzainfluenza Posts: 146member
    "Virtual PC screws up the balance sometimes. I think there's another app that does this occasionally too, but I can't remember which."

I don't use Virtual PC. I do regularly use iTunes, Safari, Acquisition, ICQ, iChat, Cantrip, Quicktime, and Windows Media Player. I occasionally use RealOne, Grab, AVI2MOV, and Photoshop. Any of those ring a bell?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    seanmseanm Posts: 69member
    That happens to my TiBook as well, and I do not run Virtual PC. Occasionally iTunes will stop playing any audio, despite the status field telling me that it's still running..

Neither are serious bugs, but it is nice to know that I'm not alone on the first issue.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gamringamrin Posts: 114member
    I occasionally have that problem with iTunes, as well, on both my 'book and my tower. It happens to a friend of mine, too. Pausing and pressing 'play' gets the sound going again. A minor problem, yes, but annoying.