Whatcha Reading???

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

... if wasn't for the fact that my professor was horrible! The reading list was good though.

If you don't mind my asking (and don't hesitate to tell me if you do!), who was teaching the course?

Oh and was it in a philosophy, sociology, politics, or some new fangled interdisciplinary program?

just curious!
  • Reply 42 of 45
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

If you don't mind my asking (and don't hesitate to tell me if you do!), who was teaching the course?

Oh and was it in a philosophy, sociology, politics, or some new fangled interdisciplinary program?

just curious!

It's in the politics department, entitled Theories of the Self, but it's much more of a philosophy class. And though I doubt that the professor is a rabid Mac user, you can understandably note my hesitation at posting her name online.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Almost only read magazines and hand books. Mags on Cars, travelling, outdoor activities and such. I have a slight dyslexia which makes me tired of reading very quickly.

The last book I read from start to finish was Keith Richards autobiography
  • Reply 44 of 45
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

It's in the politics department, entitled Theories of the Self, but it's much more of a philosophy class. And though I doubt that the professor is a rabid Mac user, you can understandably note my hesitation at posting her name online.

Yes, I understand completely. To be honest if I had properly thought about it I should have realised that this was an unfair question to be asking you on a public forum

Yes, I'm not surprised that it is in a Politics department: although you say it is much more of a Philosophy class I would have been surprised to find the Arendt and the Foucault being used in a Philosophy course... but that is perhaps because many of the Philosophy departments I have encountered have been quite conservative (small 'c' although often large 'C' applied too ) in their course content. Foucault has largely been consumed by Sociology now and while Arendt perhaps will never be fully embraced by Sociology (she never liked Sociology and was openly critical of it) she is much more at home in a Politics department or interdisciplinary program.

Well, again I wish you the best of luck with your exams and hope you have enjoyed the reading too!