New Apple Imaging device? :::

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I read somewhere [don't remember] that the new server is just a side announcement, the real one will be an unveiling of a new apple digital imaging device? Hmmmmm.......

just a thought.

just a random spurt: i'd love to see the ipod get audio IN! i would get it in a heartbeat if it did

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by Badtz:

<strong>I read somewhere [don't remember] that the new server is just a side announcement, the real one will be an unveiling of a new apple digital imaging device? Hmmmmm.......

just a thought.

just a random spurt: i'd love to see the ipod get audio IN! i would get it in a heartbeat if it did </strong><hr></blockquote>

From what I have read, the Ibook is a more likely running mate on the 14th. I just hope we don't wind up with a recount....
  • Reply 2 of 12
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    actually.... even though I have no intentions [as of now ] to get a future ibook, it DOES need an update!!! *cough* g4 maybe?

the ibooks on X is awfully slow! unless jaguar will fix that.... but either way, i'm sure it can't improve it THAT much, that's an architectural limit, not software

they are dam nice lookin' tho imo, better looking that the powerbooks, not to say the PBs ain't nice
  • Reply 3 of 12
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    What the difference in price between a G4 and a G3 CPU chip?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    OSX on my ibook 600 is super fast.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    A low power 7445 would be ideal for the ibook. 12" iBook

600MHz 7445

128MB RAM

CDRW

20GB HD

12" iBook

700MHz 7445

128MB RAM

Combo drive

20GB HD

14" iBook

700MHz 7445

256MB RAM

Combo drive

30GB HD
  • Reply 6 of 12
    posterboyposterboy Posts: 147member
    I heard new iBooks, but they would be something along the lines of:

600 & 800 MHz G3

12, 12, and 14" Displays

Possible resolution increase on the 14"

256 MB ram on middle and top model on the motherboard (so max would be 768 instead of 640)

Radeon Mobility Graphics 16MB,

20GB & 30GB drives.

Don;'t know how reliable that is, but hey, it sounds alright.

[EDIT: I posted this before I read

--PB<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001648"; target="_blank">this thread</a> on the same subject.]

[ 05-11-2002: Message edited by: PosterBoy ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Badtz:

<strong>I read somewhere [don't remember] that the new server is just a side announcement, the real one will be an unveiling of a new apple digital imaging device? Hmmmmm.......

just a thought.

just a random spurt: i'd love to see the ipod get audio IN! i would get it in a heartbeat if it did </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not so stupid considering that Matrox will present a big event the 14 may : <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga"; target="_blank">http://www.matrox.com/mga</a>;

Why not an Apple digital image device with the collaboration of Matrox. The matrox RT 1000 is an old stuff now, perhaps they have decided to do something better. Just a thougth.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    What can Apple bring to the table over and against the tough competition in this arena. I mean how is Apple going to out sex and out small the Canon Elph, for instance?

I just cannot think of anything that Apple could dramatically improve
  • Reply 9 of 12
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>....

I just cannot think of anything that Apple could dramatically improve</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... mean like MP3 players...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    dwsdws Posts: 108member
    I can understand the desire for new iBooks.

I can't understand the spreading of rumors about a new imaging device based on such thin evidence.

What's wrong with just feeling the joy in the May 14th announcement of rack-mounted servers. It's big. It really is. Nothing else needs to be announced to make it a great event (especially if the innards surprise one and all!).
  • Reply 11 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by dws:

<strong>I can understand the desire for new iBooks.

I can't understand the spreading of rumors about a new imaging device based on such thin evidence.

What's wrong with just feeling the joy in the May 14th announcement of rack-mounted servers. It's big. It really is. Nothing else needs to be announced to make it a great event (especially if the innards surprise one and all!).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Matrox have also a big announcement the 14 may.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    present a server and a new (consumer) iBook on the same day???

Are you people nuts?

That makes absolutely no sense.

Apple is going to try to enter the Server market witha BANG... the announcement will be Server Server and only Server... UNLESS its NOT THAT important for them