powermacs and 17" powerbooks with 970 available in early august

panther available in september at stevenote

12" powerbooks with 970 available in september at stevenote

g4 ibooks available in september at stevenote

these are the major releases in 2003...its all confirmed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    ...and we should believe you because????
  • Reply 2 of 22
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

u shouldnt believe..its just release date guessing...make ur own..but think before u type and keep it short...
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

Hello. I am the Sultan of Brunei.

Here. Have a glass of spring water and lime.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by cycle

u shouldnt believe..its just release date guessing...make ur own..but think before u type and keep it short...

Oh. I was limbering up for some proper sarcasm and now I look like a chump. Again.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    soopadrivesoopadrive Posts: 182member
    How many more threads are we going to have on this subject.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by SoopaDrive

How many more threads are we going to have on this subject.

where?
  • Reply 7 of 22
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    You likely will NOT sample any 970 based laptops this year. Look for .13u G4's instead.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Look for .13u G4's instead.

We've been looking for those for over a year now. What makes you think Moto will finally deliver--before end of the year.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cycle

where?

The boy has eyes yet does not read...

Here are a few that I found on the first page alone. Those theads are filled with idle speculation about the 970 and SPECIFICLY when it will come and or in what form.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24878

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=25050

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24998

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=24942

I guess had they chosen a better topic name such as yours instead of SILLY names like "970 appearance: Educated guesses", "Powermac 970 on June 28th?" and "June 23rd: special event in Berlin for 970 Powermacs". I even threw in a silly one about DP 970 laptop speculation.

Why do people feel the need to start a new thread any chance they get even it's filled with NOTHING NEW (information wise) and is already being discussed in PLENTY of other threads already.

Hmmm how about every time someone starts a thread that gets locked (due to the nature of the first post itself) they loose all posting privs for a month.

Hmmm yea... I like that idea.

Dave
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Fine then, look for .18u G4's if that suits you better.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    god i hate when people spam the forums like this.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    i am pissed..no one does his own release dates...anyone lock it?

thx in advance
  • Reply 13 of 22
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    You guys, he just wanted people to post what they thought to be well founded release dates for future products. I don't see why everyone gets so upset.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    They're upset b/c they know PB's won't feature 970's untill 2004.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    snowysnowy Posts: 8member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

The boy has eyes yet does not read...

Hmmm how about every time someone starts a thread that gets locked (due to the nature of the first post itself) they loose all posting privs for a month.

Dave

Hmm .... How about every time someone is a sarcastic jerk, they lose their privs for a month too. Then you could relax and I could go back to my usual lurking.

Look, I think it's great when people add threads with *very* specific subjects, even when they are being discussed in other threads. The threads on the 970 is many pages long and filled with debates about 10 different subjects. This thread has a higher signal to noise ratio.

Anyhow, in the interest of this thread ...
    • Powermac line with 970s show at WWDC shipping 'immediately.' (quotes b/c apple seems to think immediately is shipping a few thousand units and then being out of stock for a month due to demand.)

• Bumps to the iBooks before the school year.

• 20th Anniversary Mac - 970-based cube. 5.1 audio, killer HD-ready video card, wireless builtin, home media center-type item. sometime in Nov.

• maybe 970s in Powerbooks by the end of the year.

it's all wild speculation, more like a wishlist ...

-snowy
  • Reply 16 of 22
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    if your not happy with people posting threads that you think are pointless, just dont reply, it will fall off the page. Posting complaints about how there are so many threads about the same pointless topics just keeps them higher on the list. Same theory as the IBL ban. Of course i am just a hypocrite by posting this
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by snowy

Hmm .... How about every time someone is a sarcastic jerk, they lose their privs for a month too. Then you could relax and I could go back to my usual lurking.

First... Are you calling me a sarcastic jerk? If so then stop it, I never called you or anyone else here a nasty name!

Second... As for me (and others) not liking this thread... Sorry, but I (and I'm sure quite a few other members) don't wanna see 8,464 UNIQUE threads (the current number of AI members BTW) all guessing when the 970 will come out and in what model and on what day - oh yea, and with all of those 8,464 unique threads having titles just like this thread.

Hmm maybe we should ALL do just that...

1 - Click on new thread

2 - Pick a real useless title

3 - Come off sounding like you have inside info

4 - Make some silly guesses based on nothing more than 'gut feeling'

5 - Click 'Post Now' button

Wheeee! Boy it's so much fun why not do it again...

Dave
  • Reply 18 of 22
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I think the biggest reason why so many new threads keep popping up is that the megathreads are to convuluted and diluted and miscontrueded and all sorts of other words that I can fabricate. The point is, if you weren't actively part of the early discussion, and aren't up to speed on all the twists and turns in those threads, it's a pain in the ass to get caught up. why should they get caught up if they only have one unique question? Well, what if that question has already been discussed to death in there, but so few people cared to read it because they weren't part of the thread, and are very much so out of the loop(and don't want to waste a half an hour reading through all the posts)

so they have their question that they want to ask, to present it to a new group of people, that may have just as valuable input as the megathreaders but are being unheard because of the insistance of putting everything in megathreads, and making it even more of a headache to deal with.

And who made this thread useless? the topic starter(who had a reasonable topic, that though has been touched on a bit before, hasn't been outlined as such, and as openly) or the people that insist on derailing him and his thread?

Another thing all together, in those megathreads, say this exact topiuc WAS discussed in the earlier portions of the thread, it has long since been overlooked, and anyone that brought it up again in one of those threads is likely to be ridiculed for derailing the current topic. So why shouldn't they just start another thread, perhaps more specific, perhaps more refined, to hold onto one of tthose fleeting topics and elaborate on it a little more?

are we really THAT pressed for bandwidth?

and as other said, you don't like it, don't post, it will go away.(unless more people like it than don't)

And being sarcastic as such, doesn't help much at all, just because YOU are a little fed up with a silly little issue such as this, shouldn't give you the right to be so rude.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    at least with trolls you get some entertainment, this is just boring...

ahh the days of kim kap sol and his fetish for the new plastics
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Wee this even more fun...

Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust - "The point is, if you weren't actively part of the early discussion, and aren't up to speed on all the twists and turns in those threads, it's a pain in the ass to get caught up. why should they get caught up if they only have one unique question?"

Originally posted by Wrong Robust - "And being sarcastic as such, doesn't help much at all, just because YOU are a little fed up with a silly little issue such as this, shouldn't give you the right to be so rude."

Ahhh okay...

So, to sum up for the rest of the AI members. Being lazy (like not wanting to 'get up to speed') and rude (posting stuff that is already covered in many other active topics) is A-OKAY but being sarcastic is BAD.

Got it, thanks for clearing up the rules for the rest of us.

Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust - "And who made this thread useless? the topic starter(who had a reasonable topic, that though has been touched on a bit before, hasn't been outlined as such, and as openly) or the people that insist on derailing him and his thread? "

'touched on'?? I've provided 4 threads that all discuss and speculate when and in what form of the 970 being introduced. Three of the four threads were only one page long! The other being three pages long.

If you think a 1 to 3 page thread is a MEGA thread well okay... who am I to argue.

Dave