Neck & Neck In Oz & USA

Comments

• Reply 21 of 59
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I have never cloaked myself in robes and went out to hang and/or burn my fellow compatriots with a slightly different tone of skin. I have never enslaved anybody. I have never treated a black man any different than a white man, a yellow man, a green man or a snowman, so I do feel I am without sin, so I do feel I'm allowed to throw stones. How's that for reasoning, buon?

Moreover, I expressly address southern supremacists, who are, by the simple fact of being supremacist, with sin, and therefore deserve the stones I throw at them. In either case, did you feel I was speaking to you when I said what I said? Are you a southern supremacist?

You didn't address shit in your initial post. Just made comments about yanks and klansmen. So Obviously across the ocean we have brits and Nazis, since by your own line of reasoning, the Brits didn't collaborate with Nazi's, we won't call them that. But, by your deciminatory reasoning, we can certainly assume you have gased a few jews in your time, being a European and all...just as we may call and assume southeners are klansmen, right?
  • Reply 22 of 59
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

In case you haven't noticed yet, The Head is a troll.

Agreed, as far as the Klansmen thing is concerned. The part about foreign policy and fear is something I consider legit discussion. Happy to see I baited you though!

• Reply 23 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

Of course he means the klansmen = the US..just as we all know being European makes one a jew killing Nazi

Tulkas, you didn't even try. I state clearly that by klansmen I mean the SOUTHERN US. Go ahead, scroll up. You'll read it black on white (or blue, or blueish gray).
  • Reply 24 of 59
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm sorry, but leave the outrageous muckraking to someone more qualified.
  • Reply 25 of 59
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The Head:

Quote:

The part about foreign policy and fear is something I consider legit discussion.

I don't. I think it's blatant hypocrisy often heard from your continent of blatant hypocrites.

And beyond that you advocate a foreign policy based on not making the terrorists mad and say it's not based on fear? Perhaps you're playing a semantic game there...

--

I still don't see how you're going to top your second post in the thread. I have never seen so much self-righteousness stuffed into so few words. I'm going to print it out and put it on my wall.

...leading intellectuals (such as myself)...

I'd have a new signature if it wouldn't get me into trouble.
  • Reply 26 of 59
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Nice response, Cough--too bad you had that bizarre Northern/Southern thing in their to wipe out any chance of taking that seriously.

For the record, I think you'd call them SOUTHRNERS. And you'll discover, if you're ever here, that the Civil War is what we call "history"--so pretty much everyone responds to AMERICAN.
  • Reply 27 of 59
    Quote:

I still don't see how you're going to top your second post in the thread. I have never seen so much self-righteousness stuffed into so few words. I'm going to print it out and put it on my wall.

...leading intellectuals (such as myself)...

I'd have a new signature if it wouldn't get me into trouble.

Well, young groverat, it's nice to know you're eager to learn from and admire your masters.

• Reply 28 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

For the record, I think you'd call them SOUTHRNERS. And you'll discover, if you're ever here, that the Civil War is what we call "history"--so pretty much everyone responds to AMERICAN.

Well, it's too late for all that.
  • Reply 29 of 59
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Well, the civil war made clear that there are two parts in the US. That is some time ago though, but you still wouldn't call an Alabaman or a Texan a Yank. What DO you call them though? Klansmen maybe. Or confederalists, or something like that. Rednecks? Trailer trash, to refer to that other thread. You see, I was mainly looking for a qualifier to describe southern Americans as opposed to northern ones, and, possibly, at the same time, slip in some of the stereotyping that is going on in the world about the US south. Mainly looking to stir the ire of some southern supremacists around here. Ah well.

Ho. Lee. Crap.

You just convinced me that you know NOTHING about the USA.
  • Reply 30 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Ho. Lee. Crap.

You just convinced me that you know NOTHING about the USA.

Still, I'd like to see you do some fieldwork around Europe, and ask them, straight off the bat, when that civil war took place (1860-1865), who was in charge then (Lincoln), who it was fought between (north -yankees- vs. south -confederates-) what klansmen are, what trailer trash is... What supremacists are. Then repeat that. I'm willing to take a test on my knowledge. I'm thinking I'd beat plenty of youns, not to mention most Europeans.
  • Reply 31 of 59
    Quote:

Still, I'd like to see you do some fieldwork around Europe, and ask them, straight off the bat, when that civil war took place (1860-1865), who was in charge then (Lincoln), who it was fought between (north -yankees- vs. south -confederates-) what klansmen are, what trailer trash is... What supremacists are. Then repeat that. I'm willing to take a test on my knowledge. I'm thinking I'd beat plenty of youns, not to mention most Europeans.

Yeah, but the problem is alcimedes sig.
  • Reply 32 of 59
    Quote:

Yeah, but the problem is alcimedes sig.

Be sure to remind me whenever you meet me in person, I'm not bullshitting when I make those claims.
  • Reply 33 of 59
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I'm sorry I got sucked into this thread. I see a prime candidate for the first person to go on my ignore list, not for what der Kopf says but why. This is all so inane, all just to try to get under people's feathers. Well, I won't make that mistake twice.
  • Reply 34 of 59
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I wouldn't dream of ignoring head or banning him or censoring him. The best thing to do is give people rope to hang themselves with; more entertaining as you watch them squirm.
  • Reply 35 of 59
    Quote:

Be sure to remind me whenever you meet me in person, I'm not bullshitting when I make those claims.

You challenging me to a fight? No one is doubting you know the facts. It's how you are interpretting them. A vast majority (99%) of those 'southerners' are pretty decent people on the whole and lumping them in with klansmen is a taboo insult to say the least. I don't think you're aware of how much disdain these klansmen are given, even among very conservative folks. I would make a comparison with how you Europeans feel about Nazi's.
  • Reply 36 of 59
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    T H R E A D D E R A I L M E N T

• Reply 37 of 59
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    So typical of you Northerners One and all...

If you bothered to notice..this thread is about increasing the deployement of US forces in Australia..........

Not about KKK OK b4 I KO someone Sheesh..what a bunch of hotheads.....
  • Reply 38 of 59
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I scrolled to the bottom here just to say that you guys should leave Mein Kampf alone....he obviously has a small pee pee and an even smaller acorn rattling around in his head to post stuff like what I saw in the top portion of this thread. Someone whose foreign policy thoughts aren't worth the shit they're dipped in.

As far as Oz and USA goes? Caution is good insofar as Indonesia goes, there are lots of non-berserkers there and a good relationship with them is best maintained. Like Belgium, you don't toss out the baby with the bathwater....even if there's a great big turd floating in said bathwater.
  • Reply 39 of 59
    Quote:

You challenging me to a fight? No one is doubting you know the facts. It's how you are interpretting them. A vast majority (99%) of those 'southerners' are pretty decent people on the whole and lumping them in with klansmen is a taboo insult to say the least. I don't think you're aware of how much disdain these klansmen are given, even among very conservative folks. I would make a comparison with how you Europeans feel about Nazi's.

So you would actually agree that calling all southerners klansmen is the best way to start up a fight? Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
  • Reply 40 of 59
    Quote:

I wouldn't dream of ignoring head or banning him or censoring him.

Exactly, because you know that deep down, you'd like to be me. I fascinate you, groverat. I can see you thinking, how can anybody be that smart, and NOT belong to the conservative right? How, even, can anybody be smarter than most people I know belonging to the conservative right. Am I right or am I right?

Quote:

The best thing to do is give people rope to hang themselves with; more entertaining as you watch them squirm.

Now you're forgetting I'm not Ena. I do no plan on squirming. I have a hard time dodging all the harshness thrown at my face, but, to be fair, I DID call for it.

Quote:

I see a prime candidate for the first person to go on my ignore list

Well then, I suppose you're not reading this?