Drop the Digital Hub

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
This is almost the "dead-zone" considering how itunes etc is all mainstream..

It is becoming redundant ( look at the numbers ) & a place for misguided moderators to dump threads their not sure about....

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I completely DISagree. I think DH is a very good idea and is one of the most appropriate forums here. Really. It's the best place to have discussions about iLife, iPods, .Mac, and the iTMS.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Dead zone? Redundant?

Look at the numbers yourself. The forum gets *plenty* of traffic and I see absolutely no reason it should be broken up. It's not like it's only getting a post or two a day. If that was the case, then, yes, your suggestion might be reasonable.

My only guess is that you're just upset that your iTunes thread got moved there. I can't imagine why you would be, though, since Digital Hub was the proper place for it anyway. There was no confusion on my part. If you have any qualms about this, please refer to the Posting Guidelines.

First here:

Quote:

Digital Hub:

The Digital Hub forum is the place for focused discussion about digital cameras, camcorders, music players, PDAs, and every digital multimedia device linked to a computer. This forum is also the place for discussion of Apple's iLife suite of apps including iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, and iSync.

And then here:

Quote:

Do not start a thread in Suggestions or any other forum for the purpose of expressing displeasure with the actions of a moderator or administrator. Rather, make a suggestion as to how a potential problem could be fixed. Comments meant for moderators and administrators should be sent directly to the moderators and administrators. If you do not wish to address the moderator with whom you have a complaint, then contact one of the other administrators.

• Reply 3 of 13
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I'm not sore..just.... annoyd because I went to a lot of trouble to find the patch & to post it it the correct area, as a response to a question made regarding iTunes for use on the mac using less than OS 9 within the thread........not on peripherals...

A fine distinction, but I just happen to think you jumped too quickly. But thats life....

As to your second point about not posting about moderators.. I not sure how else it can be done..

Nor do I direct personal complaints about any member of the Mod Squad unless they break the rules eg the use of the " F " word in the title...Over which I think I asked politely...

Brad, you may note it sure doesn't seem to stop anyone else....from posting comments etc about the Mod Squad..so if your going to have a shot, then shoot at anyone who teases you guys...

Coz that's all it is..teazing or should that be Tazering.....
  • Reply 4 of 13
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    I 100% support the Digital Hub forum and while it may have less posts and threads then, say, Apple Outsider or Future Hardware I think that I can safely say that on average there is a higher level of credibility and legitimacy to the threads that are found in the Digital Hub.

As for posts/threads about other members, well I have always been under the assumption that personal matters ought to be addressed privately via the Personal Message feature built handily into the boards: regardless of whether the matter concerns a moderator/administrator or a regular member.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    As for posts/threads about other members, well I have always been under the assumption that personal matters ought to be addressed privately via the Personal Message feature built handily into the boards: regardless of whether the matter concerns a moderator/administrator or a regular member. [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't want this to become a flame - war.no point really..but can you honestly say that this is the case with the many threads you & I have read over time....?

But getting back on track : re the shifting of my patch...As I stressed B4, it was for main computers and NOT ipods & other peripherals.....That was the whole point that was overlooked or possible not even noticed in the first place...

Geez I feel like I should be addressing the Mod Squad as demi-Gods..Well as far as I am concerned they is just normal Guys..(fingers crossed) who respect differences & don't ban members just for speaking out.... Again I repeat this is Not personal OK, so it shouldn't have to be a private meassage.. Mods should fess up when they made boo boos just lke the rest of the grown up world..Ok !

Can't be that flamin hard...?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Did you quit reading halfway through this little blurb?

Quote:

Digital Hub:

The Digital Hub forum is the place for focused discussion about digital cameras, camcorders, music players, PDAs, and every digital multimedia device linked to a computer. This forum is also the place for discussion of Apple's iLife suite of apps including iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, and iSync.

Your thread is about iTunes. Threads about iTunes belong in Digital Hub.

\
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Earl

Did you quit reading halfway through this little blurb?

Your thread is about iTunes. Threads about iTunes belong in Digital Hub.

\

No kidding..Wow I feel privileged..getting the all over treatment from the Mod Squad...nothing like ganging up on someone especially when your in the wrong....

Pity you can't read your own rules ...re DVD threads I've noticed in OS-X & in Software sectors.

I see them as does everyone else.

The key about the "Digital Hub" is about them being " Linked " EXTERNALLY to a computer..

The Os-8.6 patch couldn't Link you to an iPod even if you tried because........wait for it.......the older Macs had NO USB or Firewire Connections.

That is the "spirit " of the Hub..its really to do with external devices....an the " iSUITE " software connected to those EXTERNAL DEVICES..

The fact that a patch comes along to allow you to use iTunes on an old SCSI based mac running OS 8.6 really flips you out...?

So thanx for admiting your errors...we're all human..\
  • Reply 8 of 13
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    not to step on any toes here, but my take on this is the following.

aquafire, looking at this from someone's perspective who's running OS 8.6, and wants to run iTunes, your thread is perfect for digital hub.

if i were to come to AI, and i wanted to find out if anyone was able to get iTunes to run on an older OS, the first place i'd post/look is under Digital Hub. the forum is devoted to all of the iApps.

i guess what i look at is this.

is your question about the OS or about the software running on it?

to me it seemed to focus on the iTunes side.

(as for dead forums, check out the Genius bar or Current hardware. there's a reason i like to mod those two. nice and quiet)
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Alcimedes, the soul of reasonableness.

Yes..and I would have put in the Digital Hub if it wasn't that someone...... I think it was Luca was replying to my thread about Ancient OS in the Software section..

So out of courtesy to him & the other threaders I posted it in Software so that they and other ancient OS'ers could quickly connect to it & not have to sieve thru an entirely different sector....

You'd think I'd shot the President judging by the reactions.....

\
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Aquafire:

It says on the front page: Digital Hub - iApps.

iTunes is an iApp.

I'm tired of you.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member

I think the administrators and moderators here are all in consensus on this one.

Let it go.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Really, aquafire, let it go. Learn from this and move on.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

[IMG]Let it go.

Yep...never argue to with the MOD SQUAD........