NHL Playoffs 2003

Comments

• Reply 201 of 259
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    i think if the Sens get the first goal they may win tonight

if Brodeur gets a lead, it's on to duelling shutouts in the final with Giggy
  • Reply 202 of 259
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Please God, anything but that....

Nothing against NJ (I have a lot of respect for them, even though they're boring as monkey snot) but I'd at least like a semi-entertaining Finals. I think there would be a lot more scoring between Ottawa and the Ducks than the Ducks and NJ. Just a hunch.

• Reply 203 of 259
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Finally, some sensibility from the Sens.
  • Reply 204 of 259
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Please God, anything but that....

Nothing against NJ (I have a lot of respect for them, even though they're boring as monkey snot) but I'd at least like a semi-entertaining Finals. I think there would be a lot more scoring between Ottawa and the Ducks than the Ducks and NJ. Just a hunch.

Well, recent history says otherwise. Don't expect Alfredsen to wake up this post-season.

Fourth one is the hardest. Let's see if the Sens can use Spezza's spark (and why hasn't he been in there more?!) for another game. I don't know if they have it in them, nut if they survive game 6, things are very different. Unfortunately, home field advantage doesn't count for much in the NHL.
  • Reply 205 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

The Sens have no soul. They were finished when they lost game three. Ottawa has as much chance to come back from a 3-1 deficit as the Ducks have of resigning Giggy once his contract expires. Later Ottawa and good riddance.

Side-note: The Sens have the worst fans ever and do not deserve a team-the NHL should move the team to Quebec or Winnipeg.

Ottawa does not deserve an NHL team? That is pretty pittiful to say. Why then does Florida have two teams and California three. Those are the worst markets for NHL teams. California should have one team not three and Atlanta and Phoenix are another story.
  • Reply 206 of 259
    Spezza is a major talent; future super-star potentially. Maybe not a Gaborik but pretty close. He volutarily left the Sens right after their first playoff game I believe, in order to play for their minor league club (WHL?) during their playoff run. He clearly belongs in the NHL though. First pick a couple years ago and he's already got the poise to score playoff points.

I suspect he'll start in Ottawa next season from day 1.
  • Reply 207 of 259
    I'd bet anything right now that the Sens will win this series. NJ isn't a team of such character to come back at this point. They blew it tonight.
  • Reply 208 of 259
    I am just blown away after tonights game. Wow!!!!
  • Reply 209 of 259
    And my wife's firm has tickets for Game 7 - but are they going to take spouses? NO - CLIENTS ONLY! "Honey, I'll be your client, believe me."
  • Reply 210 of 259
    I - AM - CANADIAN!

Drink more Molson, IOW.
  • Reply 211 of 259
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I got a new phone ring for tonight's game. It worked.

Go Sens!
  • Reply 212 of 259
    Nail-biter time. Ottawa looked strong in the closing minutes of period two, and will have the power play for the first 90 seconds of the third. Big opportunity. I think Ottawa needs to skate *hard* and really ware NJ's four big D men down. They're logging big minutes so far....
  • Reply 213 of 259
    Ottowa is so going to win this. They're getting to the pucks first, and the Devils look like they don't know who's on first. It's just a matter of time.

Tell you one thing, those Ottowa fans don't know a check from a penalty by any stretch.
  • Reply 214 of 259
    Oh fuck.
  • Reply 215 of 259

OMFG!!!

must... stay... calm... 2... minutes... left....
  • Reply 216 of 259

• Reply 217 of 259

Oh my God, that was so unfair. I thought that was exactly how Ottowa would win.
  • Reply 218 of 259
    Uck-fe. I had a feeling the Devils would pull one out just like that. They have a way of almost losing control of a game and then somehow manufacturing goals with minimal offense on the ice. Mark of a champion. I think they'll outlast the Ducks...somehow.

What a boring ass series it will be though. I'll watch the first couple games. Who knows, maybe it will be a little more fluid than I think it will.

Congrats Rotto.
  • Reply 219 of 259
    Rats.
  • Reply 220 of 259
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Uck-fe. I had a feeling the Devils would pull one out just like that. They have a way of almost losing control of a game and then somehow manufacturing goals with minimal offense on the ice. Mark of a champion. I think they'll outlast the Ducks...somehow.

What a boring ass series it will be though. I'll watch the first couple games. Who knows, maybe it will be a little more fluid than I think it will.

Congrats Rotto.

Well said Moogs. The Stanley Cup final this year is going to be one borefest.