apple pro mouse

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
got it for 1.3 years only and it's not working, never drop it, handle with care......

is this life span normal?

and is it covered by apple care?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    No, Yes.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Stupid question, did you try unplugging it and re-pluggin it in? It is covered as part of your computer with AppleCare.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Is there any dark discoloration at the ends of the cable, where it meets the mouse or the USB connector? If so, it could be a cable short. I've had this problem three times.

Wiggle the cable ends when the mouse is plugged in. If there's any movement that's out of the ordinary, you've got a short.

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. GRR ... which is why a wireless Pro Mouse would make more sense.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. GRR ... which is why a wireless Pro Mouse would make more sense.

cuz i'm sure there would be SO many less problems with wireless
  • Reply 5 of 10
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    thanks for your reply,

nothing happen, just dead,

would bring it to the apple store tomorrow
  • Reply 6 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Funny timing - my first ever hardware failure in easily over 30 new Macs bought and sold in the past few years... a DOA Pro Mouse in a new 17" iMac over the weekend. Weird.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Earl

Funny timing - my first ever hardware failure in easily over 30 new Macs bought and sold in the past few years... a DOA Pro Mouse in a new 17" iMac over the weekend. Weird.

They werent kidding about the number of macs... You should win an award or something... have they even upgraded 30 times in the past 5 years...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Well, that's how many I've sold (+/- 5... who can remember). Several have gone right to eBay and bypassed the famous silver desk.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    I can't live without two buttons and a scrollie, but my friend's Pro mouse is showing the early signs of a wonky cable. Apparently Jonathan Ives thought that cable strain reliefs (or thicker cable) was ugly, and this is the price that is to be paid.