AI Gallery. (poll)

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I would like to suggest an AppleInsider member gallery (just like the one Spymac has). I'm not quite sure if your servers can handle it, but that would be great.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I find Spymac to be very annoying sometimes... which is why I don't use their forums. The gallery is a lot of fun, though. We could even have pixelmania-type contests! <---which is always really fun.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i think we are doing just fine the way we are.....
  • Reply 3 of 13
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Over at MacSwitchersGuide.com they're still kind of setting up and finalizing parts of their forums, but I know they were writing something kind of like that. Mostly it was to upload screen shots and set ups for your account to participate threads like that.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

I would like to suggest an AppleInsider member gallery (just like the one Spymac has). I'm not quite sure if your servers can handle it, but that would be great.

Nothing prevent you to make a gallery of Apple insider members like the one of Leonis and Zo. Their gallery Apple insider community site is directly linked via AI and vice-versa.

AI is on a shared server, i do not think (but the admins could say otherwise) that we can support this extra weight.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Sorry, guys. Not gonna happen any time soon.

1. We can't afford the bandwidth that would gobble up unless some benefactor started throwing wads of cash at us..

2. We still do not have enough access to the server to allow us to add such a feature.

3. I am not a big fan of the idea anyway.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Sorry, guys. Not gonna happen any time soon.

1. We can't afford the bandwidth that would gobble up unless some benefactor started throwing wads of cash at us..

2. We still do not have enough access to the server to allow us to add such a feature.

3. I am not a big fan of the idea anyway.

Fair enough...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think that threads similar to the "Pscates iBook Widescreen Mockup" thread are just as good, if not better, than having a gallery. With a designated gallery comes a barrage of "Look at me! I can Photoshop!" pictures, and that is not an ideal enviroment for one to show their GOOD mockups and ideas. If a thread would benifit from a photo or two being added, sure, but we can live without a gallery.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

With a designated gallery comes a barrage of "Look at me! I can Photoshop!" pictures, and that is not an ideal enviroment

Ding ding ding!

• Reply 9 of 13
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Curiouser and curiouser.

-Alice

have you seen the new&tactless images on Spymac?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I meabn, i like looking at the SpyMac gallery a lot, but it is not the kind of thing that belongs here, you know what i mean? it just feels like it doesn't fit, i think you all know what i mean, it is totally sckiffy!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Ding ding ding!

So where's the Photoshopping?

• Reply 12 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    What was that 'spank the monkey' sentence again?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I guess no-one understands it, hm?