espn.com

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
WTF is up with their extremely annoying banner ad on the main page? I drives me crazy. And the proliferation of flash ads sucks... Sorry just ranting today.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    One of the worst sites on the whole web. Incompatible with everything, way too busy, way too bloated, even on Windows.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I agree, Flash ads suck. Now if only PithHelmet blocked those, too
  • Reply 3 of 6
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    Oh good, I thought it was just me . On Camino and Safari both, it kinda half loads and then half the page cuts off...I assume this is what you are seeing? Their webmaster needs a wack in the head.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by VanDeWaals

Oh good, I thought it was just me . On Camino and Safari both, it kinda half loads and then half the page cuts off...I assume this is what you are seeing? Their webmaster needs a wack in the head.

Actually, on Safari, there's this expanding ad at the top. I'm talking a big ass ad, that gets smaller after it plays itself out. Then the page moves up. Just freakin' annoying as hell.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cybermonkeycybermonkey Posts: 604member
    Its not too bad lasts about a second for me in safari.

Though the worst thing ive seen with this kind of ad is a nokia one on gamesy.com, It takes over, i mean the whole page is a translucent ad over the page leaving you unable to click any links for about a minute.

Thankfully i havent seen too many like this and hopefully it aint the start of a fad like pop up banners!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    And it used to be a really good site too. I just bypass the front page nowadays and jump straight to the relevant scoreboard for whatever sports season it is.