Apple CANADIAN online store for education coming soon

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was talking to the staffs at UBC's bookstore yesterday.

Many of them were complaing how bad the managment is in that department. And then they told me they are worried about losing more business after Apple Canada launches their own online store for education.....then I asked them when....they told me it will probably come before fall.....

Don't know if this is old news or not....anyway....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Maybe it's early and I haven't had my coffay yet... but there is an Education section at the Apple Store already... what exactly would this store be like then?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    No clue. Not from Canada, but poking for 5 min:

http://www.apple.com/ca/education/ed...age/index.html

Links for the ed stores are bottom left on the page, for HED student, HED staff, and K-12 faculty/staff.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, those pages have been there forever. Well, they have just taked the redesing that the US Apple Store got a month ago (or whenever) just in the past couple days.

I know, because I've been thinking of trying to sneak in an Edu purchase.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Interesting. I know that these pages didn't exist for the past couple of years for individuals. Now at least I can punch in my school's info and then it tells me that I can buy throught my campus computer store, unlike the US store which will still access the on-line store. However, if I choose another school, one that I guessed doesn't have a store, it lets me in.

So could what the UBC guy was talking about already be active?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

So could what the UBC guy was talking about already be active?

Oops...looks like it's already on.

But the 12" PB on that online store is $200CDN MORE than what in the UBC Bookstore
  • Reply 6 of 8
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    But the 12" PB on that online store is $200CDN MORE than what in the UBC Bookstore [/B][/QUOTE]

It's the same thing here at McGill. That's a pretty good reason to keep using the campus stores if you have the choice!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ahboahbo Posts: 37member
    I still got a better deal purchasing my iBook through my educational institution.

12" iBook @ 900MHz:

Online Canada Apple Store: $1999.00

Online Canada Apple Education Store: $1899.00

My Campus Store: $1775.00

So make sure to look around for the best deal!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    i've heard the miniPBs are due for a $200 price drop in Canada (at least here out west)

might be partly due to exchange rate shift, but the shops i talked to hinted it was also an Apple move

Edu price points aren't discounted anything like they used to be.

now perhaps 5-10%. i remember back in the 80's when it was 50%.

and yeah, the online access to edu pricing went 'live' about a year ago