help w/connecting my receiver up

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Alright here's the deal. I got a G4 tower w/an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card currently hooked up to my Creative Megaworks 510D 5.1 speakers. There is a Denon AVR-1403 5.1 av receiver currently sittin in my room sitting unused. Before I tried to hook it up but I had no clue how to. The wires and cables dont seem to match and I cant find any that plug into the inputs on the back of the receiver. Do I have to buy a certain type of cable? I have RCAs, and then the speaker wire of course and digital coax cable that came with the speakers. I have had the speakers for a while but just now got the receiver and I wanna hook everything up to my Mac. ANy ideas how I can get this stuff workin?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Alright here's the deal. I got a G4 tower w/an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card currently hooked up to my Creative Megaworks 510D 5.1 speakers. There is a Denon AVR-1403 5.1 av receiver currently sittin in my room sitting unused. Before I tried to hook it up but I had no clue how to. The wires and cables dont seem to match and I cant find any that plug into the inputs on the back of the receiver. Do I have to buy a certain type of cable? I have RCAs, and then the speaker wire of course and digital coax cable that came with the speakers. I have had the speakers for a while but just now got the receiver and I wanna hook everything up to my Mac. ANy ideas how I can get this stuff workin?

cinch? u need a LOT of wires for 5.1....
  • Reply 2 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Connect the s/pdif output of the Revolution to a s/pdif input in your Denon via an RCA cable, and set everything to work on said digital interface. Speaker cables should be straightforward, though I do not know if the Megaworks can be hooked up to a reciever as the speakers primarily get their amplification from the subwoofer.

Really, the megaworks 5.1 has it's own reciever, being a multimedia speaker (bleh), so you should be able to just hook the s/pdif from the speaker to the sound card via an rca cable.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    There is no s/pdif output on the Revolution card, there is a digital/analog out. Can someone please help me?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    exaexa Posts: 1member
    The digital out is a s/pdif interface, coaxial, same difference; it's an RCA port. Connect it to the coax input in the Denon.

...Now why did I get my posting rights revoked for 'chych'...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by exa

...Now why did I get my posting rights revoked for 'chych'...

Check your PMs.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    'Mo bettah