New photo website uploaded ! Check it out !

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey there,

I have just uploaded my new website, and wanted to share with you guys and have your thoughts on how it looks, how fast it is on your browsers etc...

It is all about photography.

Txs a lot and please leave your comment on the guestbook.

www.mindlooks.com

V.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Nice photos. Well done site.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Most impressed..

Classy & you seem to have an " Eye "..

see a little influence of Franco Fontana maybe...?

I used to teach Photography @ University. Still have way too much camera gear for my own good. Legacy of that previous incarnation..

Am looking to sell most of it..

These days, I paint.so have lots of need for an " eye " there too..

Good Luck From another artist...

May your negatives always give rise to positives..
  • Reply 3 of 14
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Old photog equipment for sale...makes me excited to think about it!

Great work on the photo-site. I LOVED the old villages/old people collection. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to shoot our next-door neighbors putting their panties/underwear on their outdoor clothesline, and you beat me to it! But it's a wonderful shot, with all the contrasting color around it. That Canon does admirably well; I don't know that Nikon's CCDs produce as vibrant colors as it does. Or perhaps they are the result of some "magick?"

I hope you're still working with film some, too. That's a purely magical art in itself -- especially when you can afford to move to medium format, which probably would have been better for that shot you attempted with the tree/clouds. If you can't already tell, I want a medium format camera so bad!!! I sold my wonderful Nikon F100 to get this lousy PowerBook () and want some more equipment again...
  • Reply 4 of 14
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    http://www.mindlooks.com/site/imagem.asp?ID=92

and

http://www.mindlooks.com/site/imagem.asp?ID=93

are reversed... look at the "hot feet" photo and "private clouds" photo in landscapes...

how did you get that background in "pigeons"?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Wow, nice work. How'd you manage that Drinking Water shot?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    yeah i was confused by that as well...
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Wow, nice work. How'd you manage that Drinking Water shot?

Txs guys for your comments !

The Drinking Water, was shot in a shopping center (!!).

This shopping center in Lisbon, is all related to the Portuguese discoveries, and so it has a lot of sea related stuff. The glass roof, is running water 24h/24h, and the seagulls often come in and drink the water (the mall is really close to the sea).

Although it is forbidden to take photographs inside the shopping centers, I couldn't care less.

Glad you like it.

Rgds

Vasco
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

http://www.mindlooks.com/site/imagem.asp?ID=92

and

http://www.mindlooks.com/site/imagem.asp?ID=93

are reversed... look at the "hot feet" photo and "private clouds" photo in landscapes...

how did you get that background in "pigeons"?

Thank you for letting me know. I will take care of it asap.

Rgds

Vasco
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

Old photog equipment for sale...makes me excited to think about it!

Great work on the photo-site. I LOVED the old villages/old people collection. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to shoot our next-door neighbors putting their panties/underwear on their outdoor clothesline, and you beat me to it! But it's a wonderful shot, with all the contrasting color around it. That Canon does admirably well; I don't know that Nikon's CCDs produce as vibrant colors as it does. Or perhaps they are the result of some "magick?"

I hope you're still working with film some, too. That's a purely magical art in itself -- especially when you can afford to move to medium format, which probably would have been better for that shot you attempted with the tree/clouds. If you can't already tell, I want a medium format camera so bad!!! I sold my wonderful Nikon F100 to get this lousy PowerBook () and want some more equipment again...

I guess I am lucky for living in such a country full of photo oportunities.

A couple of months ago, one of our moderators , spent a few days here, and by the pictures he sent me, he had a great time!!

Txs

Vasco
  • Reply 10 of 14
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Is the site down? Not working for me.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Your photos kick all ass known to mankind. Good shtuffs.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    beautiful photos. elegant site.

are the "coloured b/w" originally colour shots with photoshop colour removal to get to b/w ?

or original b/w film layered with colour elements in photoshop?

permission to show my students? (no commercial use)
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

beautiful photos. elegant site.

are the "coloured b/w" originally colour shots with photoshop colour removal to get to b/w ?

or original b/w film layered with colour elements in photoshop?

permission to show my students? (no commercial use)

Of course you can show your students. I would love to see their comments in my guestbook.

The shots you mentioned were originally colored and I desaturated partially in PS. A lot of work, but it works in a few photos.

Txs for your comments.

Vasco
  • Reply 14 of 14
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    I truly love it when our younger members show us the way....