UDF Volume Access

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Help!

I have a Sony MVC-CD1000 digital camera that utilized Adaptec's UDF Volume Access in OS9+

Now, I have upgraded to Jaquar and cannot access my pictures on my mini discs.

My problem relates to the lack of the Adaptec UDF Volume Acess/ Can anyone tell me if another utility or program has replaced this driver which my camera utilizes?

Thanks,

jj32

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    arakageetaarakageeta Posts: 141member
    Ugh! I ran into this problem with a realitive's Mavica camera a year ago. It seems pretty brain dead of Sony to offer no method of compatibility. Last I checked, one couldn't link up to the camera through USB either since OS X didn't have drivers for the camera. I don't know if the situation has changed since then.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jj32jj32 Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Arakageeta

Ugh! I ran into this problem with a realitive's Mavica camera a year ago. It seems pretty brain dead of Sony to offer no method of compatibility. Last I checked, one couldn't link up to the camera through USB either since OS X didn't have drivers for the camera. I don't know if the situation has changed since then.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Yes, this is exactly the probably.

Sony ought to be shot..............

Anyone else with any insight into this problem with Sony "mini" disc camera's?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    max72118max72118 Posts: 1member
    I am having the same problem with the CD1000. As near as I can tell, Sony licensed the udf codec from the company that was the forerunner to Roxio, and the udf will not work on anything past OS 9.0.4. I am now trying to step my old mac back from 9.1 and network it to my new iMac. Every now and then, I search to see if there are any better ideas (which is how I wound up here today), but I cannot find any. Apparently udf Volume Access is just a dinasaur.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It appears that our suspicions about Sony not supporting their CD-1000, as I have, on the later Mac OS X are true, so I have another question to pose.

I notice that Sony is including the software: Pixela Image Mixer V1.5 in their new "mini-disc" camera's. Does anyone know or has anyone tried to use this software on the older "mini-disc" cameras, such as the CD1000?

I have searched for a free copy of Pixela to try but I have been unsucessful in finding one.

Thanks.................
  • Reply 6 of 6
    arakageetaarakageeta Posts: 141member
    Mac OS X 10.2: Sony Mavica CDs Don't Appear on Desktop

Looks like things have changed. -- no thanks to Sony.

So the direct CD access is out. At least now USB is supported. It was the other way around under OS 9. While downloading of pictures is now slower, a plus is now you don't have to finalize your CD before you grab pictures off of the camera.

Glad that the camera is no longer useless.