TiBook Sleeve...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am looking for a good sleeve for my Ti... I recently got the case replaced and I want to keep it as clean as possible...

I already have a case, but it can scratch the Ti (it has zippers)...

Something that is small, light, and maybe a bit of padding for the bottom.

I have heard good things about the waterfield cases, but they are expensive...

I'm looking for something simple (and hopefully cheap, but if it is nice I am willing to spend...)

TIA

-Paul

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    At your service: http://www.spireusa.com/Merchant2/me...oduct_Code=BT3 Great case.

EDIT: Small fits the TiBook. Spire is really cool - they specialize in making their cases for Macs. Also, it's ballistic nylon - great material - durable and self-cleaning.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    Paul, I have the Waterfield Designs sleevecase for my TiBook. I love it. It's minimal but still offers enough padding so that I never worry about "throwing it" inside a bag. It looks good too!

(if you could somehow "forget" about the price, I say go for it)

Yeah it really is 40 bucks. What's up with that? This was an impulse buy for me after purchasing a digital camera the same day.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    that sleeve case would be great if it had an option for handles so if i just wanted to take the case by itself... the shoulder strap is useless (to me) tho because I could just put it in my case I already have...

hmmmm it looks pretty good now that i think about it...

would you mind iChatting me some pics? I'd really like to see how it fits and what the opening looks like...

I dont like the spire so much because it is vertical rather then horizontal... \
  • Reply 4 of 39
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    You can get a strap for it, though if you add the foldover-closure option.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

You can get a strap for it, though if you add the foldover-closure option.

The "D-rings and shoulder strap" $18 option is separate from the "ballistic flap" $15 option. He doesn't want the shoulder strap though.
  • Reply 6 of 39
    ok... I'm probably going to get the waterfield case...

any suggestions on a screen cover/keyboard cover so that wont get scuffed? I remember seeing one that doubled as a screen cleaner... there was also one that covered the whole top case of the Ti... anyone remember the link to them?
  • Reply 7 of 39
    I'm very happy with my sleeve from Radtech.

http://www.radtech.us/powersleevz.html.

Nathanael
  • Reply 8 of 39
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Have you looked at the Timbuk2 sleeves? I've got one and it's great. And they're a great company too.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]

I'm very happy with my sleeve from Radtech.

http://www.radtech.us/powersleevz.html

Nathanael

ummmm... check your link...

ok I dont know why it didnt work last night, but that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!!!

thank you!

• Reply 10 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Have you looked at the Timbuk2 sleeves? I've got one and it's great. And they're a great company too.

would you mind posting some pics of how your lappy fits into them? thanks...
  • Reply 11 of 39
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    I second Timbuk2. I have a commuter bag and a sleeve for my TiBook and it's tizzight. The sleeve has handles too for carrying seperately.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    how much bigger is it then the lappy by itself? again, pictures if you can...

thanks for the input...
  • Reply 13 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

how much bigger is it then the lappy by itself? again, pictures if you can...

thanks for the input...

It's made specifically for the Ti. It slides right in. So it's as big as the Ti on the inside, plus about 3/4" of an inch on the outside all around for the padding. It's got handles and a little clip across the middle/top. I'd take pics, but I don't have a Ti anymore. I still use it for my 12" AlBook, though.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
  • Reply 15 of 39
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Let me know how you like it and if it really protects your TiBook.

I have a sleeve from MACCASE ( http://www.jambags.com/MacCase%20Sleeves.htm ) and I wanna know if the Radtech one will provide just as much protection with a thinner form factor, because I'm in if it does.

THANKS!!

Quote:

ummmm... check your link...

ok I dont know why it didnt work last night, but that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!!!

thank you!

• Reply 16 of 39
    well, i think the only thing the smaller case would be protecting the pb from are scratches... i'd still want to get a sleevecase that would provide padding...

still i think it is a great investment...
  • Reply 17 of 39
    Quote:

well, i think the only thing the smaller case would be protecting the pb from are scratches... i'd still want to get a sleevecase that would provide padding...

still i think it is a great investment...

The timbuk2 case is just slightly thicker than the case in that pic. It's got some good padding too. I was totally comfortable tossing my Ti in the backseat of my car in it.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    well... that case is fabric thin... the timbuk2 seems like it would DOUBLE the width of the TI... which provides padding... but that still is a lot of space... all I am really concerned with is padding the bottom and sides (ends, not the top and bottom case)... i'm not sure what sleeve im going to get, but im definitely getting the radtec cover... what color case did you get for the timbuk2?
  • Reply 19 of 39
    Quote:

well... that case is fabric thin... the timbuk2 seems like it would DOUBLE the width of the TI... which provides padding... but that still is a lot of space... all I am really concerned with is padding the bottom and sides (ends, not the top and bottom case)... i'm not sure what sleeve im going to get, but im definitely getting the radtec cover... what color case did you get for the timbuk2?

I guess it does double the width of the Ti. But it's all relative, right? I got the darker gray color. I'm not the name of it. The padding covers all sides, but the top. It's open there.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    well after some more digging... i found some more good ones... and now I am confused...

this one is real nice, but expensive... ($100)

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/goincase/leatlapsleev.html

this one is cheaper,($40) but I don't like it as much as the maraware($40)

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/goincase/laptopsleeve.html

this will probably be the one I end up getting...

http://www.marware.com/SportFolio.html

I'm also thinking about getting the radtech sleev and keyboard case customized... its only like $9 or something... I dono, I'm looking into it...