AAC Player for windows?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, are there any decent AAC players for windows? If not decent, usable?

I love iTunes 4 and my iPod, and I'm gradually converting my library to AAC, but I also own a PC, which I would like to play my music on.

Barto

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Wait, do you mean software programs that play AAC files, or little portable players that play AAC? Because iPods are Windows-compatible. As far as software is concerned, QuickTime 6 for Windows is AAC compatible so you can just use that. Not as convenient as a regular MP3 application like WinAmp or Windows Media Player, but it should work. And since Apple uses Musicmatch for the iPod, perhaps Musicmatch will soon support AAC (if it doesn't already, I've never used it).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    The only thing is, in order to use QT for Windows to play an AAC file, you have to change the file extension from .m4a to .mp4

Otherwise, QT won't recognize it. At least that's what happened when we tried it on my friend's PC. Just FYI and all that...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    RealOne with the Envivo plugin and QuickTime should play AAC encoded MPEG-4 files. There are several AAC plugins for WinAMP.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Thanks. I'm looking for a music program btw, not a portable player. I already have one of those, my iPod

I googled for one, but I only found megacrap Liquid Audio.

Barto