p800 fan club/questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so i just entered the world of the p800.so far i like the potential of this thing. with a blue tooth headset and voice activation its awesome..

one question for anyone who's been using it.

when you go to make a new sms note and want to go to the contact list you have to tap on the "TO" on the messege header.that brings you to a separate contact list that , in my case, is only a subset of my main contact list..

does anyone know how you get all of your contacts into that second list? i dont know how the names i do have in there got there and this is becoming most frustrating!

thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    the names in the SMS contacts 'subset' are those contacts who have at least one phone number which is set to 'mobile'.

to begin with none of my contacts were in this liust and i couldn't send sms's until i relaised that the mobile numbers had been set to 'standard' phone numbers by default (i had copied the contacts via bluetooth exchange). i had to go to each one and change the type...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    bless you! dude, i had been racking my brain trying to figure out what i was doing wrong...

anyone have any other insights/comments/annecdotes about the p800?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Where did you buy yours from? I notice that Amazon.com says "This item is not stocked or has been discontinued" and I want to buy one before August.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Great innit?

Opera is worth the d/l.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    I bought mine in some random shop in nyc...many of them have it in nyc... I got it for $580 and if you go to the howard forums people say they have gotten it for $350 or so from places in brooklyn...

I still can't sync so I can't see how the camera pics look when they are blown up from my cam but the pics on my screen don't look nearly as good as the examples I have seen... hope all is well...this phone is out of control feature wise...it's just endless... there is a kinda prototype feeling to the phone... kinda hard to describe but it's like it could be the coolest gadget in the world if only this... and if only that... but alot has to do with certain technologies just not being quite there yet... although Very close... like screen, and memory stick storage, It makes me wonder though how the iPod is gonna do in a few years when 30 gig flash cards are cheap and devices like this have matured... oh yeh I forgot... steve will bring out the rainbow colored ipods
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Great innit?

Opera is worth the d/l.

It sure is. I just wish I could use it more.

I've never needed a "handy" in Germany, but the alure of the P800 was just too much for the geeky side of me. My biggest use for it is to carry my shopping list around with me.

That and checking my email on the go, which didn't work when we went to the mountains, for a few days. Luckily, before insanity hit, I found an internet terminal in the hotel. whew.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    now, if only we could hook our p800's to this:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=HOPBIT

mmmm...

or perhaps a bluetooth enabled ipod...

• Reply 8 of 11
    producerproducer Posts: 283member
    I agree... and throw in a nice gps add on too
  • Reply 9 of 11
    anyone figured out how to get the sound to transfer when u conert mpegs to mp4s? i had afew vids i wanted to put on my p800 but nonoe has sound since qtpro cuts it out
  • Reply 10 of 11
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Sooo if everyone is jumping the p800 who wants to sell....no, GIVE me their old t68i?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    awesome timing on the isync 1.1..the address book syncing works ok with some minor style issues in the address imports...seems to add a " n\\" between all the different fields in the city,state, etc file. but hey, at least it now works well over bluetooth!

apples web site says coming soon for calender and task syncing.....fine.. i can wait ..wouldve been nice but probably wont be too long.

what about data other than addresses and calenders such as videos, messages, etc....will they make the equivalent of the "my p800" software that SE has on windows?