Two cheers for Placebo!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Well, after a long and hard road riddled with self-imposed obstacles, Placebo has unbelievably become a nice little part of our little online suare.

In the last few weeks I've not seen any obtrusive smilies, pediatric banter, self-absorbed commentary or just plain stupid posting from our new-found friend.

From his suspiciously annoying 'os10geek' beginnings to his 'lets try this again' persona as Placebo to the unscrupulous use of 'zed' for a moment in time...this little man has grown from utterly annoying to read-worthy posting in a matter of months.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I gave him a little more than his fair share of trauma as a newbie, but, hey, he was annoying. Now I read his posts with interest. Good job Placebo! I welcome you as the completely unofficial ambassador of AI.

(BTW, you don't get the official 'Three Cheers' because you were REALLY annoying as os10geek.) Anyways, welcome aboard!

-G

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Something is obviously unsettled in the universe if i am being graciously amended, because after your insulting 'lassie' post, I thought my grievious sobs would never cease...

'Pediatric banter'!? Considering that I'm 13 years old, anything I say isn't more than pediatric, if I understand your usage of the word correctly.

Thanks again. I feel liking hugging some unwary people.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Well, except for the sig.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The sig is changing...maybe to something philosophical. Sorry nebagakid.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Apparently, I spoke a month too soon.

Was it the blatant search for software? While I don't condone that in the least (yes, I have multiple, legal licenses for my programs) I can understand that 'blood in the water' reaction a young pup with little lunch money would react to. Again, I find pirating ugly and offensive to the people who put hundreds if not thousands of hours into building software for our relatively puny market, but it's how I personally make my money, so I pay for what I get paid for. Simple.

I hope this isn't a 'three strikes and you're out' type thing. Even though I probably gave him the most shit out of any member here, he seemed to be starting to 'get it' (hence my thread), and some of his posts were actually a bit insightful and smart (especially for a 13 year old). So, I would ask humbly that he be able to start 1 more membership, and if he f*cks up....well, ban him for life. Tough Love?.

- Grey
  • Reply 5 of 5
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    last i heard he had multiple warnings to stop asking for pirated software from admins/mods.