ITMS Beware Very Addicting!!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Oh my, I just got my iBook 900 and have been without a mac for a few months as I transitioned through a few jobs. All I can say is, this thing is so damn addicting. Just one click and boom, I've got new music, with no question if it's the wrong song or not since I can PREVIEW it! I've already spent $30 in two days, what's everyone else's credit card looking like this month with ITMS charges?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    that is the point of it being only .99 and seeing the results almost immediatly...its an impulse buy

it seems like nothing, and would be wonderful to just get everything you want beacuse 'its only .99' but it quickly builds up

must be very careful if u have problem...take off the once click buy
  • Reply 2 of 9
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    yeah, i went to shopping cart to slow me down some...still i have 172 songs in my purchased music folder...i figure i will slow down soon, but not if they add out of print music...then i will truely be in trouble...

g
  • Reply 3 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

yeah, i went to shopping cart to slow me down some...still i have 172 songs in my purchased music folder...i figure i will slow down soon, but not if they add out of print music...then i will truely be in trouble...

I know what you mean! I've bought two albums so far, because I'm wary of the ease with which it's possible to just go on a spree. I've done a lot of browsing, and checked out some artists I hadn't heard. But once things broaden beyond what the majors have in print, I'm going to be hurting. Bad.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I am already at the $100 mark. It is beyond addicting. I found so many albums that I want to get but I am trying to avoid it. There is some reeeeally good Billie Holiday stuff that I wanna get and probably will.

DAMN YOU APPLE FOR MAKING IT THIS EASY!

Seriously though, this is a great system. I'm in the same boat with Amorph, the more broad their stuff gets, the more I am gonna probably hear it from my girlfriend.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Did Apple start charging tax on songs purchased via ITMS? I just looked at my most recent credit card bill (ouch!) and some early purchases were $0.99 while my most recent purchases were $1.04.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Hmmmm....I don't think so, at least not on my end. I pruchased a couple albums yesterday and on my receipt I didn't see any tax.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Here's what ITMS has to say...

SALES TAX

iTunes Music Store purchases will include sales tax based on the bill-to address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time of download. If the sales tax rate for the billing address changes before the song is downloaded, the new tax rate in effect at the time of download will apply. We will only charge tax in states where music downloads are taxable. No customers are eligible for tax exemptions for purchases made on the iTunes Music Store.

Its odd that some of my purchases included tax and others did not. Here's a snippet from some of my invoices...

Item Product Product Total Unit Extended

Number Description Ordered Price Price

000 Q0002 ITUNES MUSIC STORE 1 0.99 0.99

Venus Hum Montana

Subtotal 0.99

Tax 0.00

TOTAL USD 0.99

Item Product Product Total Unit Extended

Number Description Ordered Price Price

000 Q0002 ITUNES MUSIC STORE 1 0.99 0.99

Altered Images I Could Be Happy (Single

Subtotal 0.99

Tax 0.05

TOTAL USD 1.04
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Yea, that is really weird. I hope the ITMS adds some Dave Matthews at some point, maybe some exclusive live tracks! I'm all geared up, I've got a roadtrip to Florida planned for Tues and I've got my iBook all geared stocked with songs. I made sure when I had Tweeter install my stereo that they ran an aux connector so I could hook up an iPod or anything else with a mic port. Should be fun for my passenger to watch some movies over the car speakers..
  • Reply 9 of 9
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Is Steve ripping new songs himself, or what? They must be running this thing on a shoestring budget. About 12 new albums a week and some of those are actually only partial albums. I thought more music would be added quickly. At this rate they will never get around to adding new releases from major labels at the same time as new CD's are released. They will never get all of the major's back catalogs online, and forget about all the small labels. Don't get me wrong. I love the music store. I want it to succeed. The ITMS is wonderful and addictive, but for a long time to come, theft will be a constant temptation. If you only want a song or two from an album and the chances that Apple will be offering them soon are slim, your old addiction will always be there tempting you with a bigger selection for free. But forget about the fact that we may return to our sinful ways. Apple should be moving fast to acquire the best and most comprehensive catalog to counter all the legal competition that is brewing.