Is the NVidia Geforce 4Ti worth it?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Now that it will suposedly begin shipping, is it woth to upgrade a Quicksilver 2002 933Mhz with the basic Geforce 4 to the Ti card?

What advantages would there be to upgrading the video card?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by blang:

<strong>Now that it will suposedly begin shipping, is it woth to upgrade a Quicksilver 2002 933Mhz with the basic Geforce 4 to the Ti card?

What advantages would there be to upgrading the video card?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The TI 4 is a very good video card, but far too expansive. I think that for the moment the radeon 8500 is a better buy with a much high quality/prize ratio. Both of this cards will support quartz extreme indeed. The ATI card have a 100 % hardware DVD decoding of quality.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    The Geforce4 Ti card has considerably more processing power than the Mx, it's architecture allows for greater processing and has more technological features than the MX. If you need really high-end graphics processing, than upgrade. If you're not doing anything that's GPU intensive, then the MX should be more than enough.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    barvowbarvow Posts: 64member
    I just received my 4Ti card overnighted from Apple. I'll see if I notice a difference after installation.