Powermac 970 announcement/shipping date?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
We are already relatively sure that the Powermac 970 (or whatever the powermac's successor will be called) will be previewed at WWDC in June. But when will it be announced on apple.com, and when will it ship? Some think that it will be announced the same day it is previewed at WWDC, and others that it will debut in September. I noticed recently that the "Dream On" deal on the applestore (the one that saves you $500US if you buy a Mac and Studio MX) ends on the 30th of june. Might this mean that we'll be seeing 970s on July first?

hope springs eternal

Placebo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Announced june 23, available immidiately after.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Assuming those are PowerMacs on the Secret Pallet...

Assuming the Secret Pallet is for retailers and not just WWDC demos...

Assuming MacBidouille isn't full of merde...

The most recent news from the site says that one or two of the "Mystery Ports"** on the "Mystery Motherboard"** are Fibre Channel connectors.

Screed

**The cloak and dagger merde is wearing on me.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Wouldn't contributing to this thread have been a better idea than starting a new one?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

The most recent news from the site says that one or two of the "Mystery Ports"** on the "Mystery Motherboard"** are Fibre Channel connectors.

I doubt that a powermac motherboard would feature fibre channel. Sounds more like a xserve board to me. Maybe the test boards are the basis for both powermac and xserve boards? Or maybe macdoobie is full of it
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Wouldn't contributing to this thread have been a better idea than starting a new one?

No kidding! Do people not even look at the FH mainpage?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Please use the above-linked thread. Thanks.