30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It's gone from Dell's site?! No reference to the iPod anywhere, no search matches , not mentioned in the MP3 player section.
  • Reply 22 of 85
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

It's gone from Dell's site?! No reference to the iPod anywhere, no search matches , not mentioned in the MP3 player section.

Wow, that's weird.

Maybe too many of us were jobbing them with the coupons!
  • Reply 23 of 85
    mfronemfrone Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Wow, that's weird.

Maybe too many of us were jobbing them with the coupons!

I think they just sold out of them. There was a decent wait on shipping when I ordered mine today so it makes sense that if they ran out of product to take them off the site.
  • Reply 24 of 85
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    But wouldn't they just say they didn't have any in stock? I'm ever so pissed. I suppose tomorrow I'll feel better about not spending the money. I suppose not.
  • Reply 25 of 85
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

But wouldn't they just say they didn't have any in stock? I'm ever so pissed. I suppose tomorrow I'll feel better about not spending the money. I suppose not.

Hmm that is weird. I cancelled my order for the 30 gig today and re-ordered the 15 gig no problem. It was about 5 Eastern.
  • Reply 26 of 85
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    ups just delivered mine right now...ordered on the 15th, arrived the 20th...not bad at all...wow, i can actually mutter the phrase, Thanks Dell...ha

g
  • Reply 27 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    Your Dell order has already arrived? Wow, I hate Dell even more now. Jeesus Christ, I ordered my first one on May 2nd. The original ship date was the 9th. Then they pushed it back to the 20th. So, on the 15th, I ordered another one with a lower price with the intent of canceling the more expensive one. Then they pushed back both shipping dates to the beginning of June. We called to cancel the first one and they require you to cancel with the person who sold it to you (who, in our case, is never around). Then we got two phone calls saying they would cancel the more expensive one today if we didn't contact them. So far it has not been cancelled. Add to that the fact that their website is so inconsistant and unuserfriendly. Plus, their e-mail support blows the big one. I hate Dell with a passion now. They can't do anything right for me. Errr, I want to scream.
  • Reply 28 of 85
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Interesting... I ordered the 15GB on the afternoon of the 19th and it gave me a ship date of 6/5/03. Anyone get this date? I'm kinda jealous of the people that have a ship date of late May. Perhaps I was one of the last to get my order in before they pulled the iPods from the site?
  • Reply 29 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by gyc

Interesting... I ordered the 15GB on the afternoon of the 19th and it gave me a ship date of 6/5/03. Anyone get this date? I'm kinda jealous of the people that have a ship date of late May. Perhaps I was one of the last to get my order in before they pulled the iPods from the site?

I ordered mine at 5pm EST and I got a ship date of the 29th
  • Reply 30 of 85
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Yeah right, Dell is great.

I order the 15gig iPod for my sister a few days ago, to get the discount I also ordered an ink cartridge to push the total over $400. The iPod said 1-2 week delivery, the ink cartride same day delivery.

Since I was on vacation and didn't want the ink cart to come and sit at my front door, I called Dell to ask if it were possible to hold the ink cartridge and deliver it together with the iPod.

The guy I spoke to said no problem, he set it up, took the order and gave me an order #.

When I tried to track the order a couple of days later (to make sure the ink cartridge didn't ship), I get a dialogue box that I needed a customer # but since I was going out I forgot about it.

So yesterday I come home from vacation and there are three UPS info notices stuck to my door, the last one saying it was a final delivery attempt!

I call Dell immediately and give my order # and the woman tells me that neither the ink cartridge or the iPod has shipped yet.

I tell her that's interesting since all three info notices say the package is from Dell.

she gets curt and says "sir, I'm telling you that nothing from Dell has shipped to the order # you gave me, nor to either your name or your address, I can't help you".

It's a wonder Dell is doing so well.
  • Reply 31 of 85
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    You can find bad stories with any company, especially with a company as large as Dell. I have no compaints with them. I got a 20GB iPod for $284 after the 3G iPod came out.
  • Reply 32 of 85
    Well, i would never buy a computer from them, but they did get me my iPod in five days (from order to doorstep)...so i can't complain...free shipping, no tax and about 50 bucks cheaper than apple education store....weeeeeee

course now i want to buy all the accessories and whatnot....

g
  • Reply 33 of 85
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Certainly a neat deal, however I had a bitch of a time finding my way around the dell webpage...that was terrible.
  • Reply 34 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by gyc

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until, on or before 6/9/2003.

Can't say I wasn't expecting this...
  • Reply 35 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until, on or before 6/9/2003.

Can't say I wasn't expecting this...

yep, i just recieved an email with the same 10 day delay. i really don't care tho, i can wait....
  • Reply 36 of 85
    Yup, got the same e-mail yesterday.

But for $110 less than I'd pay for it going down the street, I'll deal with the delay.
  • Reply 37 of 85
    dang, i really feel like a complete bastard getting mine in 5 days....

g
  • Reply 38 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I got that e-mail as well. This is the third time it has been delayed. It was originally supposed to ship on the 9th of this month. I cancelled that one when the better deal came out (with the same estimated ship date). I HATE DELL!
  • Reply 39 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Hmm, strange, I ordered on the same day, and haven't received any such email yet. Also still says estimated shipping time 06/03 on the order status website.
  • Reply 40 of 85
    mfronemfrone Posts: 4member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RazzFazz

Hmm, strange, I ordered on the same day, and haven't received any such email yet. Also still says estimated shipping time 06/03 on the order status website.

Same here.