My Copy Of DiskWarrior 3.0 Has Arrived

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just came today. I immediately threw the CD into my PowerBook and booted off that to see what I could see. DiskWarrior found some minor damage and fixed it, but nothing too major (I had previously enabled journaling, and I always repair disk and permissions after installing system updates or major software).

I let it optimize and replace the directory. Things feel noticably smoother and more responsive now. I'm impressed!

I then restarted and dragged the application off the CD and into my /Applications/Utilities directory. Started that up, registered it, and set the preferences to do a hard disk diagnostic once a week. I'm just heading over to Alsoft's website now to register.

All in all, I must say the interface is very simple, which is fine by me. One thing I especially liked was that you can browse the previewed, repaired disk before deciding to replace the directory. You can see what will be recovered ahead of time, and if it seems hopeless you can copy stuff to another disk from within DiskWarrior's version of the Finder. Pretty nifty.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    cool...hopefully mine will come soon also...i want to play with it some....

g
  • Reply 2 of 10
    If i download my copy, how can i work with it?

I can't run it from the disk as it is my startup disk, and i have no partitions. Should I copy it to a CD and startup with it ? Will this make the CD bootable or do I need something else to make this cd bootable?

Txs

V.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Van what Powerbook do you have? I heard it won't boot Mini PowerBook G4 12" is that true?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    See my sig for my PowerBook config. I have no idea about the not booting on 12" PB's....why wouldn't it??
  • Reply 5 of 10
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vasco Casquilho

If i download my copy, how can i work with it?

I can't run it from the disk as it is my startup disk, and i have no partitions. Should I copy it to a CD and startup with it ? Will this make the CD bootable or do I need something else to make this cd bootable?

Txs

V.

If I was you...I'd download BootCD--> Linky

I would then create a bootable CD that included DiskWarrior on it. If you look at the comments on Versiontracker one guy did just that and it worked for him.

Or...you could contact Alsoft and see if you could get a DiskWarrior CD instead of the DL'd one. Thats the main reason I got it...so I had a CD in hand. I used DiskCopy to make a backup and it boots fine off this duplicate.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Looking at Alsoft's online order page, it looks like you get to download Disk Warrior immediately AND they send you a CD in two-three weeks.

From the website :

Quote:

NOTE: DiskWarrior CDs may have a delivery time of two/three weeks. If you ordered DiskWarrior, your CD will ship as soon as possible but your electronic product will download immediately.

• Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by VanDeWaals

If I was you...I'd download BootCD--> Linky

I would then create a bootable CD that included DiskWarrior on it. If you look at the comments on Versiontracker one guy did just that and it worked for him.

Txs a lot ! It worked perfectly ! My mac is running smoothly now !

V.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    What about PlusOptimizer X? Is that going to be a seperate product?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    received my diskwarrior today...nice little program...first time i've ever used it...fixed a volume error i could never get rid of...simple and elegant...just like my aunt frieda

g
  • Reply 10 of 10
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    How did you get DiskWarrior on it to work? I put my Diskwarrior on the BootCD image but when I tried running it, it said that I didn't have certain services running. Am I missing something?

Quote:

Originally posted by Vasco Casquilho

Txs a lot ! It worked perfectly ! My mac is running smoothly now !

V.