Sickenly cute... but I'm posting it anyway :)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Our rabbit, Kosh, sleeping under the bed...

Aaaawwwww!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member
    [cat]Yum Yum[/cat]
  • Reply 2 of 29
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member

gnam, sweet and cute little rabbit...
  • Reply 3 of 29
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    that is so ****ing saccharine.. blah!
  • Reply 4 of 29
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    My girlfriend's aunt has three rabbits that run around her house, they're so cute.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    This rabbit has nothing to fear from our cats...

Geisha (on the right) is mostly indifferent to Kosh, unless Kosh tries to get too, um... friendly. But all she does is hop up somewhere he can't reach if she wants to get away.

Widget (middle) is afraid of the rabbit, although he does occasionally make a timid, limp-wristed swat at him in a "St...st...stay away from me, whatever you are!" sort of way.

Neither cat is predatory enough, or willing enough to face an opponent of roughly equal size, to look at Kosh like warm meat on the hoof.

They all manage to eat together without any casualties:

• Reply 6 of 29
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    That's a nice siamese. I like the coloring.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

That's a nice siamese. I like the coloring.

Tonkinese, actually, which I believe is part Siamese, part Burmese.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Are you supposed to have Rabbits in pairs instead of just one?
  • Reply 9 of 29
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Our rabbit, Kosh, sleeping under the bed...

How'd you choose the name Kosh for your rabbit? Are we talking about the "There's a hole in your mind" Kosh?
  • Reply 10 of 29
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    That's amazing. I've been seeing more and more people keeping rabbits as housepets.

My only question is this: how do you keep it from leaving little rabbit pellets all over the place? Can you train them to use a litter box or something?
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Are you supposed to have Rabbits in pairs instead of just one?

It's not absolutely necessary, but most rabbits do like having other rabbits as companions. We're looking into getting another one now, maybe even from a litter we just looked at last week, once they're weaned. The first rabbit was an adoption from an animal shelter.

We were very lucky that Kosh must have already been litter trained, and also that he wasn't much of a chewer. With some rabbits (and maybe this will be the case with the new one) you'd never get away with the cords you see hanging against the wall under the bed in the first picture.
  • Reply 12 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

How'd you choose the name Kosh for your rabbit? Are we talking about the "There's a hole in your mind" Kosh?

Yep.

For someone who doesn't know Babylon 5, "Kosh" makes for a fairly simple, pet-sounding sort of name.

Also, since you never see exactly what's inside those encounter suits (the various angelic apparitions can't be the "real" thing, since they look different to different races)... who's to say that Vorlons don't look a bit more lagomorphic than you might expect?
  • Reply 13 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

My only question is this: how do you keep it from leaving little rabbit pellets all over the place? Can you train them to use a litter box or something?

Our rabbit is litter trained, and although he was already trained when we got him, apparently it's not hard to do with a new rabbit.

His litter training isn't absolutely perfect, but the "mistakes" aren't major. He has never, ever urinated anywhere but his litter box, and the occasional stray droppings are hard, dry, leave no stains, and are easy to pick up.

An ugly fact about rabbit digestion: it's a two-pass process. Eat. Excrete. Re-eat

So, for places the rabbit spends a lot of time, like under the bed, we've found it's good to put down a washable throw rug because he sometimes smears his recycled "food" around a bit. \
  • Reply 14 of 29
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

An ugly fact about rabbit digestion: it's a two-pass process. Eat. Excrete. Re-eat

EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 29
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Kosh is soooo cute! How friendly is he? Is he a lap rabbit, does he like being petted, will he come find you for company?
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Towel

Kosh is soooo cute! How friendly is he? Is he a lap rabbit, does he like being petted, will he come find you for company?

He loves to be petted, but isn't crazy about being picked up or sitting on your lap, so you have to pet him on his terms: down on the floor in a location of his choosing. He sometimes goes as far as relocating a few feet so we get the hint. There are rabbits that love to sit in your lap, but this rabbit isn't one of them.

He'd probably let you pet him for hours at a time if you could keep it up, because he gets into a bit of a daze while you're petting him, but when you stop, the daze wears off in about 15-30 seconds, and then he picks his head up and looks at you with this "Well? Why'd you stop?" expression.

He'll come looking for us now and again, but I think that's usually driven by hunger rather than a desire for companionship. He eagerly runs across the room to you when he knows food is on the way.

He sometimes hops up on my bed at night, but again, I don't think it's for companionship -- but rather because he has this really weird thing about licking the pillows and the blanket. (Sublimated desire to groom another rabbit? He'll also lick my terry cloth bathrobe, with or without me wearing it. Thankfully, it's fairly dry licking, not slobbering!)

He likes to run around me, under me, or climb on my back when I'm down on the floor with him. He also chases the cats now and then -- none of them have figured out that it's supposed to be the other way around yet.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

He also chases the cats now and then -- none of them have figured out that it's supposed to be the other way around yet.

"Hmm that cat surely looks juicy"

"Oh no. The killer rabbit is going to attack us again"
  • Reply 18 of 29
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Rabbit is very cute.

Anyone want to host pictures of a Chinchilla named Napoleon?

Purebred violet male, extremly cute
  • Reply 19 of 29
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    don't rabbits poop all oveer the house

edit: my bad didn't see above message very tired today
  • Reply 20 of 29
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    how does one potty train a rabbit?

can it be done with older rabbits?

just wondering...