iPod Earphones

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
is there a way to JUST buy the earphones that go with the iPod? they are supposed to be good, i've never gotten to use them so i will ask iPod owners of they are better then other earphones they've heard. I like to have earphones while i'm rollarblading so i can hear other things easier

so basically i'm asking, where can i get them, and are they worth the money over other earphone makers (aiwa more specifically)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    "I have two pairs of earphones but don´t know which one is best. The first one is from Aiwa an..."

"The other one is better"
  • Reply 2 of 17
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Actually, the iPod earphones are considered to be pretty mediocre. Probably as bad as Aiwas, which are indeed pretty bad.

That said, if you ask on the ArsTechnica agora or some other computer trading spot where there are a lot of iPod owners, you could probably buy an unwanted pair for very little $$.

A far better investment would be to spend about $15 or some Koss KSC-50's or 55's. Order of magnitude better sound, and cheap too.

-robo
  • Reply 3 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    eh well as far as earphones go, i honestly dont knwo what i'm looking for...haha honestly anything less then $40 would be nice
  • Reply 4 of 17
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I have a pair I never I use that I could sell. I don't like them.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    mbezzombezzo Posts: 77member
    I've been searching for good headphone info since I have a new iPod on the way. Came across this forum and have found it very useful. Check it out, lots of very experienced headphone users. Head-Fi
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

I have a pair I never I use that I could sell. I don't like them.

how much u want...$20?
  • Reply 7 of 17
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    i also have a pair i don't use
  • Reply 8 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    If I ever see you I'll give you mine for free.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    ipod headphones on ebay

That's all I have to say.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    If anybody lives in the NYC area and wants mine, I'll sell or trade them for something cheap.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

If I ever see you I'll give you mine for free.

if i send u the money it costs to mail them would u be willing?
  • Reply 12 of 17
    What exactly do you need the iPod earbuds for anyways?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

ipod headphones on ebay

That's all I have to say.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of free headphone offers being yanked off the table.

• Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Earl

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of free headphone offers being yanked off the table.

i'm hoping people are nice enough to just give them to me if they dont use them as long as i pay for shipping

like what u would do with a friend
  • Reply 15 of 17
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    PM me your AIM or something bro.

Duke or Queen or Earl or whatever I think we should have a classified forum for AIers is that in the works?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Queen? Get bent, aquaman.

Oh, no classified section until there is enough demand for one. One or two threads a week isn't exactly bogging down GD.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Don't waste your time on eBay looking for iPod earbuds unless someone has a "Buy It Now" price of <$20. They aren't worth that much. My auction had a BIN price of $20 and nobody took it... It went up to $28.50 to my surprise...