Anybody out there use a "Magnum" condom?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seriously! Anybody ever try one just to see how they match up? How did you even come about thinking that you should try a Magnum? Is it even possible to be in a situation where regular condoms feel on the tight side, but the Magnums end up feeling a bit loose? Can you be in-between sizes or is there still a pretty good overlap?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    enaena Posts: 667member
    You're young.

You're still worried about penis size.

Don't.
  • Reply 2 of 34
    soulcrushersoulcrusher Posts: 587member
    Actually I have a problem with condoms. When I roll it down it gets stuck in between the glans and the retracted foreskin and it is a pain to get it past there. Anyone have a similar problem?

I have not tried using larger condoms as they suit me fine. The problem is only when putting it in place.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Sounds like you have a "natural" spot meant for an O-ring to slip into.

I'm not really worried about penis size, btw. I'm just curious about the mental process by which someone decides they have "graduated" to the Magnum condom ranks, or do they just try one on a whim one day just to see what's doin'.

...or is there a science behind it all where you arrive at a "determination"? Sort of like how women find the right bra size.
  • Reply 4 of 34
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    heh...lets hope this doesn't turn into penis size thread
  • Reply 5 of 34
    Interesting you bring up mm specs. Just a moment ago, I got up to look on the box of condoms I had in the closet on a hunch there would be some specs on there. No mention at all! So how do they expect you to know if their product is right for you or not just by picking the box off the shelf in the store?! You'd think someone would have gotten the bright idea by now to tie down some number specs on the product container. Nothing on the wrapper, either...

I mean, even socks in a bag are smart enough to have a size range taking into account the largest size that can be accomodated due to elastic stretching!
  • Reply 6 of 34
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Tonton you trying to tell me that 2mm makes that much difference?
  • Reply 7 of 34
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Is this the "whip it out" thread I've been hearing about?

...8 and change.

• Reply 8 of 34
    Unless this is a bad topic, it doesn't have to be about what size is [place name here]. This is simply a topic about people who have experimented with Magnum condoms or something of that nature.
  • Reply 9 of 34
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    in theory, if someone were to wear a condom that were to small, they would likely find that they break during intercourse. too much stress on the latex.

therefore, if a gentlemen finds that he's breaking condoms, he should wear a larger size.

(and if you wear two at once, odds are much higher that both will break, as the latex rubs against itself. so don't. learned that one in sex ed. class)
  • Reply 10 of 34
    If it is so tight, that it ruptures, wouldn't that tightness be somewhat painful? If it just feels tight (but not necessarily painful), shouldn't that be reason enough to try out the larger size?
  • Reply 11 of 34
    quite possibly.

• Reply 12 of 34
    All tasteless humor aside, I was pretty much a knucklehead in college when it came to condoms. I tended to go with the monogamous relationship theory over the "do as many hotties as you can" theory, and so after getting to know the girl (getting a feel for her habits, etc.), I was always more concerned about unplanned pregnancies than I was infectious disease. Ergo, the pill was our defense of choice.

Stupid I know... that said, there was a lot of sex but no pregnancies so it worked. And while I'm not in need of one at this juncture, I've seen one of the "extra large" Magnums and I gotta say, it looked like it was modeled after a horse dick, not a human one. I pity the woman who has to bear down on one of those things. Probably can't walk straight for a week at least.

• Reply 13 of 34
    I guess that means these Magnums are considerably larger than the regular ones then. There isn't really an in-between size (though it seems there should be). You might be busting at the seams with a regular one, but a Magnum could still end up just being a "sagging bag"?
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Quote:

I guess that means these Magnums are considerably larger than the regular ones then.

not really. if the regular ones don't fit, the magnums should be fine. it is latex afterall. it's not like it doesn't have a TON of give to it. latex is amazingly flexible.

i think there's a size above magnum though, perhaps that's the horsey size.

HA HA, check this out.

Quote:

* This means that those with a girth of 120mm and below may find 'average'condoms slip off too easily,

* those with a length of over 180mm risk having the condom roll up or slip off inside their partner during sex,

* those with a girth of much above150mm may find condoms uncomfortably tight. With more than 1 in 3 of men fitting into one or more of these categories, it's no wonder that almost half of men felt that their condoms were a poor fit

• Reply 15 of 34
    Usually, I'm quite comfortable reading a graph plot, but I can't make heads or tails over what it is telling me. It's good you included that quote, though. That sort of makes sense.

EDIT: OK, after staring at the chart for a while, it is beginning to "mean" something. That's a lotta data going on there.

Considering the spec for ave girth and ave condom girth, it seems that regular condoms should be fairly tight to very tight for just about everyone? Ahh, who knows? I'm confused even more now!

...and what is "girth", exactly? Is that another word for circumference, or something entirely different? It certainly can't be diameter, or we got a lotta people out there walking around with Hickory Farms beefsticks between their legs!
  • Reply 16 of 34
    Yah the ole whiskey dick will make for hours of mind-numbing sex for your lady, assuming that you can raise the pole to begin with. Maybe I should stop posting in this thread. I can't fight off the urge to make crude comments anymore....

• Reply 17 of 34
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Oh so it's about sizes ... i thought you were talking about the tastes ...
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Hooray, "the girl" has finally showed up to this naughty, naughty topic! Please do give us the woman's point of view on this condom thing, if there is one.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    My fiance and I recently switched to Magnum condoms after four years of using the wrong size.

Here's how we ("we" here being "I", as he kept insisting "Nah, I'm not that big") figured it out. First of all, whenever we put the condom on, we would have problems. It would get stuck to itself, or wouldn't roll all the way to the botton, or roll all the way to the bottom and then roll back up. Too many initially sexy moments were ruined with fiddling, rolling, unrolling, and unwrapping successive packages of condoms after the first one didn't work. (There is nothing less sexy than both of you squinting at the thing and picking at it with fingernails to try to make it fit.)

When he (finally!) agreed to try on a Magnum, it worked perfectly- just like the banana in gym class, it slid over and down the shaft, all the way to the bottom with no fuss. He says it feels better, too.

So, boys, if the condoms you're using just don't seem to be working out, it may not be technical difficulties...you may just be that big. Doesn't hurt to try, anyway...and if you do, and it works, maybe you could give me a few tips on how not to smirk with suppressed glee when you go to buy "Magnums" at the drugstore.
  • Reply 20 of 34
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm a Jeroboam man, myself.