PBG4 Combo Drive update

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a SuperDrive in my mini PBG4 but this shows up in Software Update. Do I need it? I haven't had any ejection problems.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    That sounds funny. But I'm fine in that department I meant with my cd drive. Get your mind out of the gutter! Sorry couldn't resist when I saw that.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    (funny pun aside)....

I think it's only for certain models of Combo Drive (why it would show up when you have a SuperDrive I have no idea...). For example, I have a Matshita Combo Drive in my own PowerBook. The update never showed up in SU for me, and when I downloaded the stand alone installer it told me I did not need to install it. I think the problem was specific to certain models of Combo Drive.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

That sounds funny. But I'm fine in that department I meant with my cd drive. Get your mind out of the gutter! Sorry couldn't resist when I saw that.

Too much!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes I apologize I could not help it. It said I didn't need the update so it's just one of those things I guess. I got me scared for a bit though because I never really thought about how my slot loader has no manual ejection! (0-: ) )