30 GB iPod for Price of 15 GB!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    Uh-oh. I just checked the Dell order status page for my iPod and it has now changed. It no longer shows the different stages of production with an estimated shipping date. Now it just says:

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order.

Delayed Currently attempting to complete order.

I have a bad feeling about this...
  • Reply 42 of 85
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Uh-oh. I just checked the Dell order status page for my iPod and it has now changed. It no longer shows the different stages of production with an estimated shipping date. Now it just says:

Currently one or more items are not available. Every effort is being made to complete your order.

Delayed Currently attempting to complete order.

Same here, unfortunately.

Quote:

I have a bad feeling about this...

What was that saying again? "An offer that looks too good to be true probably is."

I just hope they'll manage to send it before I have to go back home in mid-july...
  • Reply 43 of 85
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    This might be why they just plain yanked any and all references to the iPod a few weeks ago. They didn't even say they were sold out or on back order. Even now, they only have the 10GB iPod with a significant wait.

I was really disappointed that I missed out on the Dell deal, but my Amazon order is somewhere between here and Cambellsville, KY as we speak. Granted, it will be a week or more before I see it (super-saver shipping) and I paid a lot more for it too.
  • Reply 44 of 85
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RazzFazz

Same here, unfortunately.

What was that saying again? "An offer that looks too good to be true probably is."

I just hope they'll manage to send it before I have to go back home in mid-july...

Dell does this all the time so don't worry bout it too much. The worse that can happen is you get your iPod late (Dell can't charge you until it ships anyway).

I got my 20GB at $284 (thanks to Eugene/Fatwallet) and can't be happier.
  • Reply 45 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by klinux

Dell does this all the time so don't worry bout it too much. The worse that can happen is you get your iPod late (Dell can't charge you until it ships anyway).

Problem for me is, if they delay the shipment for too long (as in another month or so) I won't even be in the States any more. Any idea what a realistic timeframe for delays like this would be?
  • Reply 46 of 85
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Hmm, I ordered *cough* a few from Dell toward the tailing end of the last deal and got them all before May 21...
  • Reply 47 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Hmm, I ordered *cough* a few from Dell toward the tailing end of the last deal and got them all before May 21...

Uh, wasn't the last deal on 05/19? So you got them within two days? Dammit, guess I should have taken some of the saved money and upgraded shipping...
  • Reply 48 of 85
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Uh, wasn't the last deal on 05/19? So you got them within two days? Dammit, guess I should have taken some of the saved money and upgraded shipping...

Just checked. I ordered the morning of the 16th. I didn't specify shipping and there was no signature confirmation so it was sent UPS Ground. They shipped the very afternoon and were delivered the morning of the 21st.
  • Reply 49 of 85
    Oh great:

Quote:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship

your order sooner,

we are experiencing an unexpected delay and will not be able to ship this

order and

any associated orders until on or before 6/30/2003.

Guess no iPod for me, then...
  • Reply 50 of 85
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I ordered on the 19th, was origonally quoted may 29th, then delayed to June 9th.

I haven't gotten anything else saying a delay until the 30th, and hopefullly I won't!

If they do, I'll have to change the shipping addy as I'm moving on the 18th.
  • Reply 51 of 85
    mfronemfrone Posts: 4member
    They delayed my shipping until at least June 30. I decided I didn't want to wait that long so I cancelled my order with Dell.
  • Reply 52 of 85
    Mine is now officially delayed until the 19th.

I had to call them so they didn't cancel my order.

I suspect they realized how burned they were getting by the coupons. I mean, a 15GB ipod for $319 has got to be selling at a loss.

So, they decided to delay and delay people's orders to see how many the could get to cancel. But I refuse, dang it!

I'm a patient man, i can wait.......
  • Reply 53 of 85
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i almost feel guilty that i got mine in 5 days

g (the bastage)
  • Reply 54 of 85
    Very strange, just looked at the order status page again, and apparently, despite the delay notice, my iPod was actually shipped on 06/04. Makes me kinda wonder if their system was just experiencing some kind of glitch, or if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to cancel their orders. I was pretty close to doing just that and get a reduced 20GB model instead, and I'm sure glad I waited a little... Very much looking forward to 06/10.
  • Reply 55 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I'm a patient man, i can wait.......

Same deal here, although the date the new on or before date they gave me is now 6/20.

They're going to have to work harder than this to get me to cancel.
  • Reply 56 of 85
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeafeningSilence

Same deal here, although the date the new on or before date they gave me is now 6/20.

They're going to have to work harder than this to get me to cancel.

Damn straight! Power to the people!
  • Reply 57 of 85
    Notice that they say you must respond by the 8th in order for them to continue with the order. The 8th is a Sunday and they are closed that day. I will take legal action against them if they do not ship my iPod.
  • Reply 58 of 85
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    Quote:

Very strange, just looked at the order status page again, and apparently, despite the delay notice, my iPod was actually shipped on 06/04. Makes me kinda wonder if their system was just experiencing some kind of glitch, or if this was a deliberate ploy to get people to cancel their orders. I was pretty close to doing just that and get a reduced 20GB model instead, and I'm sure glad I waited a little... Very much looking forward to 06/10.

Same here...I got an email from Dell on Fri the 6th at 2:28pm that said it wouldn't ship until 6/20. Dell's status page says it shipped Fri the 6th at 10:29pm. I got a valid UPS tracking # and everything...my 30GB iPod left Mesquite, TX @ 3:48am this morning.

Hello iPod on the 12th!

• Reply 59 of 85
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    About f'ing time. I just checked after hearing about all you guys having yours shipped and, what do you know, mine was shipped too. It shipped yesterday. Do I still have to call them up? I tried calling them yesterday to keep the order (and give them a piece of my mind), but the number was constantly busy. This is the last thing I ever order from Dell. I've been treated like cr*p every time I order something from them (well, twice so far). </rant>

Andrew
  • Reply 60 of 85
    Looks like they are going to automatically cancel mine as of tommorow. They email me after business hours on friday and tell me I have until the 8th to tell them to continue with the order but they are closed until that time. What a bunch of ****ing idiots. How do they manage to stay in business?