isync 1.1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Apple.com's front page with the "constellation" of phones is a very nice touch. (Downloading! )

iSync hasn't appeared in SU...

Screed
  • Reply 2 of 40
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Seems like good timing, seeing as how the T610 has miraculously found itself on Sony Ericsson's U.S. product pages. Looks like I will be getting a phone when I get back to the U.S.! Wheeee!
  • Reply 3 of 40
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    No support for my Nokia 6310i and I will not go back to that crappy Sony-Ericsson T68i. \
  • Reply 4 of 40
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    (insert rant about p800 here)
  • Reply 5 of 40
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    mega busy, so i have downloaded it but not synced yet.

would the rant harald be about:

(a) no calendar or to-do support?

(b) crap address book sync?

(c) all of the above
  • Reply 6 of 40
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Just saw this quote on SE's t-six-ten site. They had a count down for when this site was to go live. Ironic that it launched the same day as iSync 1.1 came about.

Quote from site:

"Over the air synchronisation is seamless with SyncML and Mac users will enjoy an equally smooth experience via Apple iSync"
  • Reply 7 of 40
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

mega busy, so i have downloaded it but not synced yet.

would the rant harald be about:

(b) crap address book sync?

Yeah but the pictures in your address book are synced. But it does suck that Calanders and such do not sync. What up with that?
  • Reply 8 of 40
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bperkins

Yeah but the pictures in your address book are synced. But it does suck that Calanders and such do not sync. What up with that?

About a month. That's what up with that. I would hypothesise.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Well, I think that the announcement of iSync 1.1 with USB-sync is awesome news, because it reaches a much larger number of phone users than the perviously BT-only sync. Now it's not just SE users that are happy. Nokia, Motorola and Siemens users are now welcome as well.

Even though I wanted to wait for the T610, I think I'm going to pick up a Motorola T720. USB-sync is just fine for me, especially since none of my current systems have built-in Bluetooth. I prefer the flip-phone form-factor and I can get a T720 now. Since I'll be going with T-Mobile's GSM service, I'll be able to upgrade to any of the fancy new Sony ERicsson phones when they become available and affordable.

Escher
  • Reply 10 of 40
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Someone tell me what this is:

• Reply 11 of 40
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    syncing safari bookmarks on .mac?
  • Reply 12 of 40
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Yes, but where is that window located? I can't find it anywhere in the program...
  • Reply 13 of 40
    Finally my Siemens S55 works with iSync!!! Thank you Apple...

Quote:

Apple.com's front page with the "constellation" of phones is a very nice touch.

By the way the S55 in the upper right corner isn't properly extracted from the background. Funny to see that those things even happen at Apple graphics
  • Reply 14 of 40
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member

Hey look it says [email protected] at the top
  • Reply 15 of 40
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I can't even find that image
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

No support for my Nokia 6310i and I will not go back to that crappy Sony-Ericsson T68i. \

glad somebody else finally agrees with me...the T68 sucked some major ba**s
  • Reply 17 of 40
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Now what do they mean by Nokia Series 60 Smartphones?

I have looked at the Nokia site and can't find this family of phones. Do they mean that the 6310i phone is now isync compatible?
  • Reply 18 of 40

I think that's a Safari browser window with the address bar and bookmark bar turned off (like a pop-up window). This explains the hideous horizontal line directly under the window title.

Following this theory, the buttons and drop down list are therefore part of the html page being displayed (title: [email protected]).

The .mac, mail, preferences and logout icons are all very similar, but not identical, to things already found on .mac.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I have an extremely minor question/request. Does anyone have a little Palm Zire icon at an acceptable size for iSync? I was under the apparently false impression that iSync had a Zire icon among many others. Mine is still showing up as a Tungsten (er, I think, maybe a Palm 5?) in the iSync window. I told you it was extremely minor.

[edit: I found out what happened to that image from folks in the Ars forum. I didn't go to the iSync page before they replaced the picture.]
  • Reply 20 of 40
    lungarettalungaretta Posts: 194member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Now what do they mean by Nokia Series 60 Smartphones?

I have looked at the Nokia site and can't find this family of phones. Do they mean that the 6310i phone is now isync compatible?

the nokia series 60 phones are two phones both hoogly as hell. the 7650 (which i have) and the 3650 (the one with the funny dial)

the 6310i is old style nokia before they went all-things-simbian.

there's series 30 which is a cut down version of the OS example phone: the sleek 8910i and i think there's a series 40 which is a bit more than the series 30 but not the whole shabang series 60.

i'd be interested to find out what level of support the series 30 has with the new iSync...