Daylite PIM for OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone using Daylite? I have a 5 member sales team on Pismo G3 PowerBooks, OS 9, and Symantec Act! (yes,Symantec owned it and then passed it around like a cheap hooker).

Upgrade time: I have to decide if I should buy the sales team new PC (XP) laptops and let them continue to use Act! for PC, or if I can keep them happy with new TiBooks,OS X and Daylite (the closest thing to Act! for OS X)

I really need feedback guys. This is an important change for me and my sales guys. This is critical.

"Nobody ever got fired for choosing Microsoft Windows."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jeff79mjeff79m Posts: 37member
    I work for a small business that uses ACT 6.0 and I am trying to get the company to look into getting Macs for our sales people. I downloaded the trail version on Daylight's website and fell in love with the functionality. The information is organized in a much more logical fashion than ACT. I use to find myself not entering info into ACT because I could never get the information out quickly while on the phone. I just switched to Macs myself with an ibook and upgraded my self to Daylight which I now use at my desk. At my company ACT has become an expensive address book. Best thing to do is download the business version (sql backend database: OpenBase) demo off Daylight's web site and play with it for a while. As you use it you will find it more and more useful.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Daylite is sweet, very user friendly- and frankly more intuitive. I keep all of my contact and other customer/client pertinent data on it. I have used it since it came out. I find it to be the best PIM I have ever used. I would (if I were you) download the trial..have some fun poking under the hood and try it for a week or so. I think you will agree that it is the best PIM to date!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I have the personal version. You would definitely need the business version.

I found that I had a lot of habits from ACT that were hard to break for awhile. Then I got used to Daylite and its flexibility and enjoy it. So far, it doesn't try to do everything like ACT does. (Word processor, email, etc.) That is welcome to me.

Still think I prefer the tab design of ACT over the icon bar setup in Daylite but I am getting over that. ACT also gives you the ability to set up your own template which daylite doesn't do. Daylite provides a lot of keyword tie ins with drop down lists that make it easier in some ways to find more info quickly.

Since I don't have the business version I can't help you with how it syncs with the sales staff.

The people at Daylite are all friendly and responsive. They may be able to lead you to people that are trying it similar to your needs.

The best thing is now I am totally on my mac and don't need Virtual PC anymore.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

I have the personal version. You would definitely need the business version.

I found that I had a lot of habits from ACT that were hard to break for awhile. Then I got used to Daylite and its flexibility and enjoy it. So far, it doesn't try to do everything like ACT does. (Word processor, email, etc.) That is welcome to me.

Still think I prefer the tab design of ACT over the icon bar setup in Daylite but I am getting over that. ACT also gives you the ability to set up your own template which daylite doesn't do. Daylite provides a lot of keyword tie ins with drop down lists that make it easier in some ways to find more info quickly.

Since I don't have the business version I can't help you with how it syncs with the sales staff.

The people at Daylite are all friendly and responsive. They may be able to lead you to people that are trying it similar to your needs.

The best thing is now I am totally on my mac and don't need Virtual PC anymore.

Hey, I'm in KC too. What do you do? Im a netwrk/systems admin in Lenexa. Macs, PCs, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I'm a landscape architect doing business development for a landscape contractor that has offices nation wide. I grew up in Lenexa. Now I live close to the Plaza on the Missouri side.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

I'm a landscape architect doing business development for a landscape contractor that has offices nation wide. I grew up in Lenexa. Now I live close to the Plaza on the Missouri side.

Small world! I used to live in Westport (younger wild days), then the Plaza (went to UMKC, lived across from the Nelson in one of those big old houses), then Brookside (near the brewery), then spent a year downtown in a studio (considered a loft there) and now I'm in PV.