Most annoying Star Trek character

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, who is it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 53
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Your just jealous of him.

My vote due to her being a typical 80s bitch.

• Reply 2 of 53
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    i will vote wesley crusher. he is frankly annoying this little good gentle boy.
  • Reply 3 of 53
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    the elder ferenge (sp?)
  • Reply 4 of 53
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Excuse my spelling, but I would say the Grand Neggis (Ferengi).
  • Reply 5 of 53
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
  • Reply 6 of 53
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Your just jealous of him.

My vote due to her being a typical 80s bitch.

I'm with you on this one.
  • Reply 7 of 53
    The entire cast of Voyager.

• Reply 8 of 53
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

The entire cast of Voyager.

I was going to mention Neelix, but yours isn't such a bad idea.
  • Reply 9 of 53
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    Riker always annoyed the heck out of me. But maybe that was just bad acting.

I don't even consider the characters on the other shows worth considering.
  • Reply 10 of 53
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Janeway was much worse than Nelix.
  • Reply 11 of 53
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member

Shoot. Hope that image turns up (fixed it). It is that character Clint Howard played in the original Star Trek. It creeped me out as a kid and he still does (Clint that is) to this day. I'm old school "Trekkie" so I wasn't a frequent watcher of the other incarnations/spin-offs.
  • Reply 12 of 53
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Janeway was much worse than Nelix.

janeway, hands down. what a terrible character. she pissed me off every single time i watched it, so i just stopped bothering.
  • Reply 13 of 53
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Most annoying Star Trek character:

Anyone who watches that show!

:0)
  • Reply 14 of 53
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    That one Ferengi from DS9 that ran the restaurant on the station. He always annoyed me.
  • Reply 15 of 53
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Most annoying Star Trek character:

Anyone who watches that show!

:0)

In that spirit: The ST guy on Fraiser.

"Gentlemen, Set you phasers to stunning"
  • Reply 16 of 53
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I can't believe you people. Janeway? Neelix? Dr. Kathrine Pulaski?

Janeway: I'd consider her a role model for women everywhere. I can't believe you people consider her annoying. She's a Katherine Hepburn, only younger. I'd consider her a better captain than Picard.

Nelix: A sweet orphaned alien that loves children and cooking. How can you find him annoying?

Pulaski: It was fun to watch her put Picard in his place.

Wesley Crusher is annoying because he doesn't fit anywhere Star Trek. In the early years, I didn't mind him as it seemed he was like Picard's cabin boy making occasional cameos. However, as the seasons passed, he became some sort of idealized teenager that recieved way too much attention than he deserved. Most episodes that revolved around him contained little to no allegrical value that is renouned for Star Trek.
  • Reply 17 of 53
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Honest too God all three are terrible.

Tripp.

Has too much of that undertone of smart arse yankee know it all to him to be appealing to anyone outside of the USA.

Chakotay.

Always acted like Janeway"s Lap dog...

Sato.

She's such a whining Pussy....Why don't they swap her for a good hapster or maybe a ferret..either would have more backbone...!
  • Reply 18 of 53
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i was going to say neelix, but i have a very anti-mullet agenda...

chakotay, though, has some merit (he was like the superfriends' "apache chief" of the galaxy...)

have to admit, i don't know a single girl who DOESN'T like janeway... and i have a hard time finding a guy who DOES. i wonder what that means?
  • Reply 19 of 53
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Does the holodeck count as a character? Since it was the parent of new lifeforms on at least a couple of occasions, I think that makes it qualify.

In the real world, that damned thing would have been shut down completely for at least a year, if not two, the first time the slightest ship-endangering incident occurred, while a major committee investigated what went wrong, and the manufacturer would have been sued.

Then the holodeck's next trial run after the committee got through with their investigation would have been in an unarmed, local-solar-system subwarp freighter for at least another two years. If anything went wrong during or after that, holodecks on starships would be banned for the next fifty years, and the Federation would bring back the death penalty for anyone who installed one.
  • Reply 20 of 53
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Oh... and I forgot to mention that the subwarp freighter would have a triple-redundant, completely manual self-destruct mechanism installed, isolated from all computer systems, with "break glass in case of emergency" switches installed in every compartment, cabin, and at 5-meter intervals along every corridor and Jeffrey's tube.