Bluetooth Cellphones: Have they disappeared in the US?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
It seems like no US cellphone service currently offers bluetooth phones for a reasonable price. Where has the Sony Erricson T68i gone?

What major provider does offer a bluetooth phone that works with iSync?

I have checked, T-Mobile, ATT, Cingular, Sprint, Nextel, Verizon, etc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    No kiddingwhy are BT phones so expensive? My mom is going to replace her cell soon I was hoping to convince her to get a BT phone but they're awful expensive.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

No kiddingwhy are BT phones so expensive? My mom is going to replace her cell soon I was hoping to convince her to get a BT phone but they're awful expensive.

Just go to amazon.com and get the SonyEricsson T68i for free after rebates...I did.

• Reply 3 of 12
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    amazon's got some good deals on BT phones. The Nokia 3650 (a butt ugly phone) is often free or close to it when you sign up through them. But there is a paucity of good BT phones out there if you don't want to pay full price. :/
  • Reply 4 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    :/ With service activation. We already have service. And I doubt there's another provider, in Vermont (where half the state doesn't even have towers. which I like.)
  • Reply 5 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    just get an unlocked phone and put your SIM card in there. away you go.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Along these lines, does anybody have any news on when the Sony Ericsson T610 or T616 (not sure what the US model will be called) is supposed to be available to US consumers?

I had heard May, but May has come and gone... it's supposed to be the successor to the T68i, with a larger, better screen, built-in camera, polyphonic rings, etc... basically everything i want in a phone. Of course, i'll probably pay through the nose for it, but maybe there will be some "special offers" on amazon or something like that... hopefully...

I'm willing to wait a little while; I really should wait until I find a summer job anyway, which is no guarantee, given the current job market... I've already been looking for the better part of two months with no luck...

[sigh...]

anybody have any seeds for a money tree?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    ghstmarsghstmars Posts: 140member
    go to howardsforum.com and there's plenty of info on the new

sony ericsson phones the t616 or t610 . Just go take a peep.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ghstmarsghstmars Posts: 140member
    sorry its howardchui.com not howardsforum.com
  • Reply 9 of 12
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ghstmars

sorry its howardchui.com not howardsforum.com

And http://www.howardforums.com/ too. You just have to move the "s" closer to the dot.

Escher
  • Reply 10 of 12
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

We already have service. And I doubt there's another provider, in Vermont (where half the state doesn't even have towers. which I like.)

Aquatic: Which provider do you use in Vermont? I used to go to a hot air balloon meet in Post Mills, VT, every spring. I remember only getting reception on the very top of one hill with my crappy AT&T service. It was literally about a 10x10 yard area with reception. The only other option to get a signal was to go to the graveyard in the back of the house and dance around the tombstones in a certain way.

Escher
  • Reply 11 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i picked up a use ericsson t68m for around $70 shipped. i think they can be had around the same on ebay. it has bluetooth and most of the features of the t68i...i think the main difference is that is ericsson rather than sony-ericsson