CONFIRMED: I'm going to ....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ahhh Where could Scott be going? It must be a foreign country or he wouldn't be posting it in AO. But where would the Ugly American go? Canada is too easy, he lives so close. It wouldn't a typical American vacation destination like Mexico or other gulf country, not worth posting about with such glee. So where could it be?

Israel? He just might. But one of his friends from Israel told him just yesterday that she wouldn't even go there.

Jordan? No? But maybe. He has friends from there. He still wishes he had gone to the wedding in Jordan.

Maybe an asian country. His mother in law is from Korea, south part of course.

Romania? He'd love to someday. Some of his good friends are there right now!

Any guesses?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 54
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Japan? Thats my next major trip. By golly they have an entire BEACH and WATER park under an enclosed DOME!! Japanese people rock!
  • Reply 2 of 54
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Nicaragua.
  • Reply 3 of 54
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Ahhh Where could Scott be going? It must be a foreign country or he wouldn't be posting it in AO. But where would the Ugly American go? Canada is too easy, he lives so close. It wouldn't a typical American vacation destination like Mexico or other gulf country, not worth posting about with such glee. So where could it be?

Israel? He just might. But one of his friends from Israel told him just yesterday that she wouldn't even go there.

Jordan? No? But maybe. He has friends from there. He still wishes he had gone to the wedding in Jordan.

Maybe an asian country. His mother in law is from Korea, south part of course.

Romania? He'd love to someday. Some of his good friends are there right now!

Any guesses?

That only leaves three choices....

Yurrup.

Africar,

North or South Pole

or Oz ?

See I am bad at counting
  • Reply 4 of 54
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    United has cheap flights from Chicago to Seoul. That's my guess.
  • Reply 5 of 54
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I don't know about Scott, but there's a good chance that about three years from now I'll be in Egypt, or even Libya.

Hint as to why: The year would be 2006. I've been in Africa once before -- Zambia in 2001.
  • Reply 6 of 54
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    careful, Scott. there are a lot of foreigners abroad.

where i'd go ... mexico, japan, africa across (from tunisi to mali across sahara, then mozambique..), from hellsinki to beijing in train (it takes only a week..), soeul (mmmh... sounds good) ... if you don't care where you go and don't need a lot of baggage, try air line courier, they make you fly cheap. korea, romania etc...? those sound like the ... 'child oriented' turism. i'd suggest places which are not overpopulated by tourists (depends also when u go) and where you don't shine for 100 miles as a rich, white american turist.

other nice things to see: st. petersburg, portugal anywhere, madagascar, egypt, algeria...
  • Reply 7 of 54
    hell?
  • Reply 8 of 54
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

hell?

They don't accept Americans....Even Hell has standards.
  • Reply 9 of 54
    zouniczounic Posts: 53member
    Come here in France !!!

:-)

( forgot to add: "...you, bastard" )
  • Reply 10 of 54
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zounic

Come here in France !!!

:-)

My guess is France.
  • Reply 11 of 54
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

My guess is France.

Both superkarate monkeydeathcar and zounic beat you to it.
  • Reply 12 of 54
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Both superkarate monkeydeathcar and zounic beat you to it.

You are a bad, bad boy.
  • Reply 13 of 54
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I don't know about Scott, but there's a good chance that about three years from now I'll be in Egypt, or even Libya.

Hint as to why: The year would be 2006. I've been in Africa once before -- Zambia in 2001.

Eclipse hunting or just a particular planetary alignment?
  • Reply 14 of 54
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Eclipse hunting or just a particular planetary alignment?

You got it... eclipse hunting. Having seen one total eclipse now, I'm very eager now to do it again.
  • Reply 15 of 54
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Ah yes gay old Paris, 10 DAYS! The wife is a francophile. What can I do?

Le Tour! 100 years. The best part of France! Go Lance! Too bad Ja Ja wont be there The wife is a Lance-o-phile too.

The last time the wife and I did Europe we did about two weeks in Amsterdam. The good thing about doing a long stint in one city is that you get used to it. You learn the city. Plus we did everything there. 'cept for the pickled herring.

But I'll be there. Gapped tooth monolingual american. Farting, burping looking for a Micky-Ds. Making fun of the strange money. Going to EuroDisney.

Someone call the French officials and warn them
  • Reply 16 of 54
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Just remember scott you don't owe them anything!!! if they don't make an effort to speak in English fuuckem!!!

if they seem to look askance at your college sweats, shorts and tennies fuuckem!! - - -
  • Reply 17 of 54
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have my wife to talk to them. She's learning French like a mad woman.
  • Reply 18 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

They don't accept Americans....Even Hell has standards.

they have the quota. 50'000 year, if you are from USA. but you can try to get a green card to hell...
  • Reply 19 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Ah yes gay old Paris, 10 DAYS! The wife is a francophile. What can I do?

Le Tour! 100 years. The best part of France! Go Lance! Too bad Ja Ja wont be there The wife is a Lance-o-phile too.

The last time the wife and I did Europe we did about two weeks in Amsterdam. The good thing about doing a long stint in one city is that you get used to it. You learn the city. Plus we did everything there. 'cept for the pickled herring.

But I'll be there. Gapped tooth monolingual american. Farting, burping looking for a Micky-Ds. Making fun of the strange money. Going to EuroDisney.

Someone call the French officials and warn them

the mayor is a francophile too. what a coincidence. if he'll be there too (and not just you and your wife), maybe just have a round in paris' boys town. but be worried to not look like a jew, i obviously did look like one when i was beaten unconsious.*

*frase contains not personal opinion but only a referral to some older, closed thread about paris and jews in AO. personally, viva la france.
  • Reply 20 of 54
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Welcome in Paris, Scott. I hope you and your wife will enjoy the trip. I presume you will be there in july if you want to see the Tour de France.

Paris is desert in august however, it has advantages and disavantadges.

For eurodysney i am planning to go there with my kids in the first week end of july with my two daughters and my wife.