Blur's "Think Tank"

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I keep on putting off buying Blur's latest album because of the copy protection sticker I see on all of the copies out there. Does anyone out there have it and been able to rip it in MP3 or ACC so they can put the tracks on their iPod (as I'd like to)? Heck, can you even copy the raw AIFF files into iTunes and put those on the iPod (and say bye-bye to free space!)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Find a store that will take returns.

Everytime I buy a CD now I ask them (because I am a complete c**t) "does it have copy protect?" They usually reply "you shouldn't copy them anyway" where I then go on the attack and say "you want to look at my music collection and match it to my laptop, go ahead, I have nothing to hide. My collection is just that, MY collection" I can be a sight to behold when some prissy bitch behind the counter tries to take the moral high ground.

Once you have established the ground rules, take said CD home and attempt to rip. If no go, return said copy and claim manufacturers defect, "I have the right to make copies for MYSELF, for MY listening pleasure, and if I can't it must be a manufacturers defect". Do this multiple times and write s**tty complaints to as many people as possible. The sooner this nightmare stops the better.

You would never know it by my parents bought me up correctly. Three years in Australia turns anybody into a bitter cynical man.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I was just listening to it in AAC format on my iPod. That said, it is a British copy, and thus could be different than the US copy.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    it'll rip just fine.

~felipe
  • Reply 4 of 5
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    No problems here for me, though mine didn't have a copy control sticker. YMMV