isync 1.1

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    MY Siemens S55 is all sync-ed and correct!

Now the cost of it and the bluetooth adaptor seem worth it.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

Do they mean that the 6310i phone is now isync compatible?

The 6310i does not work with iSync via bluetooth, but I discovered OnSync while reading another thread here and it works beautifully.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    in the morning yesterday when you went to the iSync section it showed this

later that day and now it shows this
  • Reply 24 of 40
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Hm, let's see. .Mac - Mail - Preferences - Logout? Bookmarks from anywhere?

Oops! I think someone leaked future .Mac features before their time. Not to mention what appears to be a .Mac Manager app perhaps??

Panther? Anyone, anyone?

Screed
  • Reply 25 of 40
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Oops! I think someone leaked future .Mac features before their time. Not to mention what appears to be a .Mac Manager app perhaps??

Panther? Anyone, anyone?

Reckon so!

Pal screenshot?
  • Reply 26 of 40
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Hm, let's see. .Mac - Mail - Preferences - Logout? Bookmarks from anywhere?

It's a screenshot of the new .Mac feature viewed in Safari with the Address Bar turned off - not a separate app.

Edit: clarification
  • Reply 27 of 40
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    OK, I'll bite. ...and how would you know these things, JLL?
  • Reply 28 of 40
    kumrabaikumrabai Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Well, I think that the announcement of iSync 1.1 with USB-sync is awesome news, because it reaches a much larger number of phone users than the perviously BT-only sync. Now it's not just SE users that are happy. Nokia, Motorola and Siemens users are now welcome as well.

Even though I wanted to wait for the T610, I think I'm going to pick up a Motorola T720. USB-sync is just fine for me, especially since none of my current systems have built-in Bluetooth. I prefer the flip-phone form-factor and I can get a T720 now. Since I'll be going with T-Mobile's GSM service, I'll be able to upgrade to any of the fancy new Sony ERicsson phones when they become available and affordable.

Escher

But what about Samsung? They are doing some of the best phones out there, most innovative etc. I can't believe the whole manufacturer has been missed out. . . .
  • Reply 29 of 40
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kumrabai

But what about Samsung? They are doing some of the best phones out there, most innovative etc. I can't believe the whole manufacturer has been missed out. . . .

Wholeheartedly agree, kumrabai. The Samsung phones looked awfully tempting when I was at the T-Mobile store yesterday afternoon. I have no desire to re-enter 500 contacts (the max allowed on phones I'm looking at). And what good is a calendar on your phone if you can't sync it with your Mac desktop PIM? So the Samsung phones are out for now. But who knows, maybe some of them will see support with iSync 1.1.1, or Mac OS X 10.2.7.

BTW: What's with the triple post? Were you posting over a mobile phone connection?

Escher
  • Reply 30 of 40
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    anyone prepared to give this a try as i'm just too plain chicken

Quote:

I agree there are still issues with iSync... but at least it is evolving... incidently if you wish to enable the the iCal syncing for the Symbian based phones you can .. if you do not mind editing a plist file.../Library/Application\\ Support/SyncService/501/SymbianConduitDefaults.plist

edit the kNSSyncDeviceUseCalendars from no to yes and the iCal sync seems to function fine. The options are still greyed out in the iSync dialog ..but the check box is ticked and it syncs okay.. I have tried this with a P800,3650 and 7650...

• Reply 31 of 40
    kumrabaikumrabai Posts: 66member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Wholeheartedly agree, kumrabai. The Samsung phones looked awfully tempting when I was at the T-Mobile store yesterday afternoon. I have no desire to re-enter 500 contacts (the max allowed on phones I'm looking at). And what good is a calendar on your phone if you can't sync it with your Mac desktop PIM? So the Samsung phones are out for now. But who knows, maybe some of them will see support with iSync 1.1.1, or Mac OS X 10.2.7.

BTW: What's with the triple post? Were you posting over a mobile phone connection?

Escher

I have no idea why the post appeared three times. P'raps look at it as my way of increasing my posting count!

[edit by Amorph - curses, foiled again! ]

Anyway, we live in hope.
  • Reply 32 of 40
    I did it and suggest you don't.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

I did it and suggest you don't.

ooops! sorry harald
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

ooops! sorry harald

Not a disaster, but it doesn't work too well. Some dates are updated but some aren't and there's all sorts of horrible messages about corruption.

I think it's a case of "if it worked it would be working" ... gonna play about with it anyway for the sheer joy of being on the cutting edge.

• Reply 35 of 40
    thats a relief! i thought it had killed/deleted all your dates or something!

let us know how you get on...
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by othello

thats a relief! i thought it had killed/deleted all your dates or something!

let us know how you get on...

Just doesn't work and gives the odd scary message into the bargain. Don't bother!
  • Reply 37 of 40
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    The person responsible for iSync 1.1 should be locked in a Cupertino basement and forced to watch Steve Ballmer videos on a Windows XP machine till OS 10.5 is out.

I did the Software Update thing with iSync 1.1 yesterday.

Now my Palm m505 will no longer sync. - "Syncronization failed"

I've tried restarting, removing and adding the device to iSync and forcing a slow sync. Can't think of anything else.

Anybody dealt with this one yet?
  • Reply 38 of 40
    have you got firewall turned on in system preferences? isync 1.1 should have automatically opened the port it needs, but doesn't
  • Reply 39 of 40
    Nope, firewall's off.
  • Reply 40 of 40
    I read on another site that there's an iSync utility that can be used to delete iSync from your machine (so I can try a reinstall.)

Anyone know where I can find it?