iMovie 3.0.3 is out.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
You can update or dl the whole thing again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Sweet! Hopefully this fixes my audio syncing problem. I still have yet to try to burn that DVD because of it!!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    this has been a huge download day.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Oh, wow. About @#$%ing time, Apple. This better make everything better.

True story: last week, for this movie I'm making (film noir, detective story, I'm very proud, anyway) we shot this whole chase scene down by the dam in my town, and it was all so perfect, went well I'd say. I get the camcorder back to my house to upload the video to iMovie, as one continuous clip, and for some reason that still eludes me, it made all the voices have a low pitch. WTF? I think, expecting I should redo the entire scene again, which was impossible. I tried doing it as separate clips and it worked out fine, but I had to put it all together again and bah, so in summary I am very displeased.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Never showed up in software update for me... I guess I'll go download it from Apple. Any noticable improvements?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Never showed up in software update for me... I guess I'll go download it from Apple. Any noticable improvements?

Yep..Miles better. Faster at playing, quicker at rendering and with a tick box to toggle the Ken Burns effect off and on! Hurray..I can start using iMovie 3 now. Can't believe that Apple ever let the original imovie 3 out as it was..how many people bought iLife only to be really really annoyed with the bag of rats that imovie was. All that seems to be solved now.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    All I want to know :

1. Is it better than iMovie2 yet? (as stable and functional etc.)

2. Does it export to iDVD2.1 ok?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Quote:

Originally posted by womblingfree

All I want to know :

1. Is it better than iMovie2 yet? (as stable and functional etc.)

2. Does it export to iDVD2.1 ok?

There's only one real way to find out and that's to use it. People are trying big projects on it and finding that it stays in sync when exporting to iDVD. On my G4 iMac it works a lot better now, though it's still not quite as quick at starting to play a clip. It really is a big improvement.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Took the plunge yesterday and upgraded to 3.03, no problems so far.

If this continues I might be able to manage without FCE for a few more weeks.

A tentative thumbs up.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    does it fix the window widget spacing wierdness
  • Reply 10 of 14
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

does it fix the window widget spacing wierdness

Looks fine to me. Can you guess which one is iMovie?

• Reply 11 of 14
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Oh thats easy. the top one.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Back row; its light source seems to come from the top left, just like iPhoto.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    You're (sort of) right. Only its window border looks like the light is coming from the uperleft, the widgets look the same - light coming from directly above.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

You're (sort of) right. Only its window border looks like the light is coming from the uperleft, the widgets look the same - light coming from directly above.

It doesn't obey the laws of physics. They should fix that. Or maybe I'm just nitpicking.

By the way: iMovie 3 is still wonky. I just got through editing a scene from my movie and went to play it back. Played normally, until it got to the end. At which point it crashed.

ò_ó

Ergh? I lost all the progress I'd made, and I don't feel like doing it over again tonight. I'll just do it tomorrow and save after every action I take. I don't mind. Really.