logitech keyboard.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm looking for a wireless keyboard for my mac.

There's this one question that I have. What happens to all the fn ctrl option and "apple" keys on the logitech keyboard. My understanding is that the keyboard is also pc compatible so it probably won't have the apples keys. So does the keys auto map to the relevant locations on the logitech keyboard?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member

As you see, it's both pc and mac compatible.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Well I would highly recommend the Microsoft keyboards and mouses.

The only difference between the Microsoft and Logitech one is the fact that the Apple logo isn't printed on the keys. Otherwise it works just like the Logitech and Apple keyboard do.

All keys are exactly as they should be.

The Logitech keyboard is loud and sounds cheap, at least it did to me. I am really happy with my MS keyboard. ANd FYI...the software works with Jaguar (10.2.6).
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by foad

Well I would highly recommend the Microsoft keyboards and mouses.

The only difference between the Microsoft and Logitech one is the fact that the Apple logo isn't printed on the keys. Otherwise it works just like the Logitech and Apple keyboard do.

All keys are exactly as they should be.

The Logitech keyboard is loud and sounds cheap, at least it did to me. I am really happy with my MS keyboard. ANd FYI...the software works with Jaguar (10.2.6).

Agreed. MS keyboards are much better than logi's. Mice on the other hand I think is more a question of taste. Try them and find out what works best for you.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Yeah I might get a different mouse but for now I am totally content with this one.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    moliumoliu Posts: 42member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

As you see, it's both pc and mac compatible. [/B]

Thanks!!! Think I'm going to setting with the logitech ones... i had the ms one... But i found that the split keyboard got me... (it was pretty good at the beginning... very comfortable but i just think i can't really type on it... gave it a lot of time... 3 years...)

anyway, the logitech ones are wireless... and they go for a good price... So think I'm set...
  • Reply 6 of 15
    You can get them as regular wireless keyboards you know. You should try this out before you make up your desicion I think.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

You can get them as regular wireless keyboards you know. You should try this out before you make up your desicion I think.

Does the software work on 10.2.6? it said it only works up to 10.1.3?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by moliu

Does the software work on 10.2.6? it said it only works up to 10.1.3?

Don't know about the software, but the keyboard works
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Don't know about the software, but the keyboard works

Thanks!!!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    The software works perfectly is 10.2.6. That is what my concern was as well. I installed the software and it all runs great. The software is also better than the Logitech software. You can set up per application settings. You can't do that on the Logitech. If that is a concern to you, than it might be the deal breaker.

For me it was the fact that the keyboard was higher quality, the software was better and the keyboard was laid out better on the MS keyboard than on the Logitech one. The Logitech split had some seriously bad issues. The right SHIFT key was half length so I lept missing it.

ANyways, that's my 2-cents.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Just a quick question. What happens to the eject key on the logitech keyboard? I've noticed that all the apple keyboard has it. I guess this applies to the microsoft keyboard as well...

Thanks!!!
  • Reply 12 of 15
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    You really need to try out the keyboards on the 12/17" PB's, they're amazing, I'd been away from the PB12 for a few days, didn't take it with me, and as soon as I used a another keyboard I felt the difference. Yeah, I know you want a cordless, but cordless is really rather useless for a keyboard, even a mouse, though you can make a good argument for a bluetooth mouse to accompany one's laptop, on the desktop, you'll never be so far from the screen/desk unless you're computing on a 50" wide HDTV, mebbe then.

Get a keyboard with scissor action keys, I tell ya, you'll never go back, forget wireless. I'm leaning towards the icekey myself, but I really don't like the look of it much. The new Apple keyboard that ships with the eMacs looks cool, but as of yet I haven't heard what sort of key action it uses. I'm hoping it has the same type of keys used in the Al books, will then have to get one right away.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by moliu

Just a quick question. What happens to the eject key on the logitech keyboard? I've noticed that all the apple keyboard has it. I guess this applies to the microsoft keyboard as well...

Thanks!!!

On the wireless Microsoft keyboard, it's the F12 key on the keyboard, just like how it is on hte laptops. Also note, that on the split wireless (not sure about the none split), there is a F LOCK key. This gives you the option of using you function keys just as they or hot operation hotkeys, like HELP, UNDO, REDO, NEW, OPEN, etc. You can configure all of the F1, F2, etc., function keys to be what you want them to be. The Microsoft keyboard is really customizable.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

You really need to try out the keyboards on the 12/17" PB's, they're amazing, I'd been away from the PB12 for a few days, didn't take it with me, and as soon as I used a another keyboard I felt the difference. Yeah, I know you want a cordless, but cordless is really rather useless for a keyboard, even a mouse, though you can make a good argument for a bluetooth mouse to accompany one's laptop, on the desktop, you'll never be so far from the screen/desk unless you're computing on a 50" wide HDTV, mebbe then.

Well the reason for me getting wireless was the fact that I now have a iCurve at home and just having a wireless keyboard and mouse makes it really easy to just hook up one cable, coming from my USB hub, that has my keyboard, mouse, printer, tablet, tablet, CF reader and the like, all with one cable. It has a lot less desk clutter. I jsut removed two cables taht would otherwise be sitting on the front part of my desk and now they are way in the back. Just easier to use and cleaner. That's my reason for having it.

ALso the key action on the wireless Microsoft keyboard that I got is really nice. Smooth and comfortable.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    THOSE ARE HUGE CHUNKS OF PLASTIC

I think Apple would have a bar-none winner if they took the keyboard from the 17" Al-book, with the backlighting, made the inverted T arrow keys and function keys full size, and sold it at a high price with a brushed aluminum casing minimalistic style. It could have usb ports on either side for the mouse, which would match in style, have 2 buttons and a scroll, and sold in different sizes. If you havent typed on the new powerbooks, you dont know what im talking about. I like my al-book keyboard way better than my logitech or any keyboard i've ever typed on. Of course its a subjective matter/preference, but i believe a keyboard like that would get millions of buyers-many from the PC -mod crowd.

And it would be sweet to make it bluetooth wireless, with a usb port to plug it in and charge when its on the desk.

what do you think