Would you like fries with that book?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Artman's working. At Barnes and Noble. It's $7.50 a ****in' hour. You work your ASS off. But a job's a job...for now. Totally forgot how retail sucks ass.

Also, the Rebel Capitol Designs "company" web site is up and running (yes, and still under construction). We have a few clients and some leads every week. But all of us are working part-time retail jobs with staggered hours. It puts us all into a state of scheduling confusion. But I think we'll work it out. Thank God for iCal!

God, and the new Harry Potter book is coming out soon...the horror...the horror...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    job's a job and it pays the bills. best of luck on the design anlge of things though.

you sure you want your design firm to focus on red and black for your site though? just seems a little on the angry side......
  • Reply 2 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    rebels are damn angry people to begin with!

Good luck artman!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

you sure you want your design firm to focus on red and black for your site though? just seems a little on the angry side......

My thoughts excatly. Red, black and "Rebel" already put you on the terrorist list. It has appeal to me but perhaps not to anyone with a drop of conservative of blood in their veins

Another constructive critique thingy

Quote:

We offer our clients cutting edge development and just over two decades of combined experience for a fraction of what the high-priced firms can offer.

Quote:

The Rebel Capitol Designs team believes that web sites today can be beautiful as well as functional.

Quote:

''User Functionality'' is not a new concept, but it is a concept that is severely overlooked in modern web design.

Quote:

We believe that, coupled with our enthusiasm for our chosen fields and our years of technical expertice, we are able to offer our clients solutions that are bursting with the same kind of excitement that they have for their own ventures

It sounds like it came from a marketing generator. Knowing your story I would look pass this and see three "boys" who wants to work to succeed and be bold and hire you on that. But I fear I don´t represent the majority of the economical decisionmakers in todays buisness
  • Reply 4 of 9
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Don't mean to be a critic but the Red and Black: very bad for business . . . . unless you want to work with Satanists, Nazis or heavy metal fans

Colors that are hot these days are Lime-ish Green with deep and/or bright Orange but tempered by a light earth tone color to set the brights off and give them substance.

But if its 'hot' today that means it won't be 'hot' tomorrow . . you want to make people think that you are ahead of the next wave

just some useless thoughts . . . .\
  • Reply 5 of 9
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    i agree with Anders for the price thing : the word fraction, means that you are extremely lower than the big firm and thus that you are amators ... I would suggest you to replace this sentance by one who explain that the price you offer are exactly within their budget range. you should add, that althought you are professionals in webdesign, the little size of your corp allow you to have the best prices for a professional work (otherwise, you imply that big corp are thiefs, or you are not serious : too law prices means bad work for many poeple).

personally the black and red colors do not annoy me, you are a rebel companies, so use rebel colors. Anyway the black and the read are a classical novel from Stendhal a famous romantic french writer.

Last point, i will change the formatting the left part of your site is too near from the main part, and thus difficult to differenciate. I should try to put some space between them.

Good luck Artman
  • Reply 6 of 9
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    g'luck man

heres a site I'm working on... www.cordermarketing.com/asmtnewsite/ ugh this school is bustin my ass but they are nice people at least.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Artman, if you guys ever need to sub-contract a programmer, give me a ring. I'm in your 'hood.

I've got all the latest languages under my belt and most websites today usually require some sort of dynamic content, so if you guys need any help I can lend a hand (or two).
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Just like anyone who has ever worked in retail at some time in his life, I empathize with your pain and the mindblowing numbness of your vacuous job. Just try not to take out your red and black anger on the spawn of Satan: The Customer.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Just like anyone who has ever worked in retail at some time in his life, I empathize with your pain and the mindblowing numbness of your vacuous job. Just try not to take out your red and black anger on the spawn of Satan: The Customer.

Eggxactly. Thanks for the crits and thoughts. I hardly ever cruise through here as much as I used to.

The rad and black pretty much has to stay. Our business cards and promo flyers look the same.

I'll pass these ideas onto my partners this weekend.

@_@